I don't think it's any coincidence that ALL of our MBB players...

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
...sound very intelligent (and a little humble). They say all the right things and even more importantly, you can tell that they actually mean it.

Fred is obviously doing things the RIGHT WAY in recruiting.

It's great to see!

Cychedelia

Aug 26, 2014
Cedar Rapids
I'm pretty sure they are all thugs, I just thank baby jesus that we have the hawk eyes to tell us when things are being done wrong. Maybe we should try to be more like Fran? He seems to have their team on the path to success, and he's doing things right.

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
I was really inpressed with the media day interviews. A great group of well spoken, sincere players.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Attitude reflects leadership. If this is the wrong way, we don't need to be right.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was really inpressed with the media day interviews. A great group of well spoken, sincere players.

I've been pretty impressed with the guys the last couple of years. If you had stuck a microphone in front of me when I was 19 or 20 and interviewed me I would not have come off as well as our guys do.

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
...sound very intelligent (and a little humble). They say all the right things and even more importantly, you can tell that they actually mean it.

Fred is obviously doing things the RIGHT WAY in recruiting.

It's great to see!

For the most part, ISU seems to be the all looks team as well, from the coach on down. My wife seems to have a lot more interest in ISU basketball than I have notice before.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
I'm always impressed with the players who speak so coherently right after playing an entire game. Top-notch.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
In the NBA, I believe that more than half the battle is dealing with player psychology. Attitude, ambition, stability. Then as a team, you have to have personalities that complement each other well too. Otherwise you get a guy who is a "cancer" and it ruins everyone else and the team success. It works in business too, but it's a little easier to deal with when an employee does not have F-U money in the bank.

I think CFH learned this lesson well and knows EXACTLY what he wants in a player, both physically and mentally/emotionally. We have had a TON of guys the past few years that I have really really really enjoyed rooting for.
Golden Age, baby.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm always really surprised at how poorly spoken a lot of professional and college athletes are (not our guys) it's really easy to coach someone to answer most media questions coherently.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I must have missed this story. What is going on here? Did someone on the iowa bench trip an opposing player?

842416138.gif

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I must have missed this story. What is going on here? Did someone on the iowa bench trip an opposing player?

It was last year's Iowa at MSU game, in Iowa's late season slide. Came late in the game with MSU up handily. I guess play had been chippy and Zach got tangled up with Travis Trice. At that point I guess he decided to practice some judo due to frustration of yet another ****** personal performance. He received a technical and was out of the game (5th foul).

Edit: I retract part of my previous statement, after looking up the box score Zach had 8 points on 3/5 shooting before fouling out. A stellar performance.

Last edited:

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
It was last year's Iowa at MSU game, in Iowa's late season slide. Came late in the game with MSU up handily. I guess play had been chippy and Zach got tangled up with Travis Trice. At that point I guess he decided to practice some judo due to frustration of yet another ****** personal performance. He received a technical and was out of the game (5th foul).

Edit: I retract part of my previous statement, after looking up the box score Zach had 8 points on 3/5 shooting before fouling out. A stellar performance.
Why do you guys make every post in to a Hok post? This was a great post about our guys and you immediately go to this crap? It's getting as bad as CR.

Jacktronic

MONDAYTUESDAYWEDNESDAYTHURSDAYFRIDAYSATURDAYSUNDAY
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 16, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Why do you guys make every post in to a Hok post? This was a great post about our guys and you immediately go to this crap? It's getting as bad as CR.

Huh? See who I quoted. I was simply answering a question.

Edit: And furthermore, I wasn't even the first person to bring up the Hawkeyes, so I'm not sure why you are quoting me.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I get a steve spurrier vibe from fred. Confident not cocky. He knows we're good. He doesn't rub it in. And the players just thrive off confidence.

Man I am eating some serious crow after the initial hiring of Hoiberg. But I wouldn't want any other coach in the country.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron