I found a fan base WAY more obnoxious than the Iowa Hawkeye fans

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
New York Rangers fans. Worst I’ve ever been around.

New hockey fan here. We went to several Carolina Hurricanes playoff games in 2023. This was our first experience with going to NHL games in person. It was an amazing experience and we decided to purchase season tickets.

Great and very fun season this year. We probably sold about half our tickets but went to around 20 games. I’ll be the first to admit that me and my wife are still learning the game but we have become big Hurricane fans.

They are playing the Rangers this postseason and the amount of vitriol hate and obnoxiousness we’ve experienced from these people has made me put them above Hawkeye fan.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

New hockey fan here. We went to several Carolina Hurricanes playoff games in 2023. This was our first experience with going to NHL games in person. It was an amazing experience and we decided to purchase season tickets.

Great and very fun season this year. We probably sold about half our tickets but went to around 20 games. I’ll be the first to admit that me and my wife are still learning the game but we have become big Hurricane fans.

They are playing the Rangers this postseason and the amount of vitriol hate and obnoxiousness we’ve experienced from these people has made me put them above Hawkeye fan.

It’s just every Original 6 team that is like that.

• Agree
Reactions: jctisu

CycloneT

Feb 14, 2017

Bucks and Knicks fanbases clear Rangers

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Hockey fans are a different breed of fans. Hard to compare them to Hok fans. Hockey fans are very passionate and dialed in folks. Hok fans are truly obnoxious and generally not the brightest.

The worst fans (from what I have heard) are Philly Eagles fans.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
At least I would venture to believe obnoxious Ranger fans still understand the rules; meanwhile, I saw another tweet this past weekend from an Iowa fan who said “It still wasn’t a fair catch!”

Reactions: RezClone

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Hockey fans are a different breed of fans. Hard to compare them to Hok fans. Hockey fans are very passionate and dialed in folks. Hok fans are truly obnoxious and generally not the brightest.

If you are a visiting fan watching a NFL game in Philly, leave your team’s jersey or other team apparel at home. They’re not just obnoxious, they can be down right violent

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If you are a visiting fan watching a NFL game in Philly, leave your team’s jersey or other team apparel at home. They’re not just obnoxious, they can be down right violent
That is what I heard, too. Never been to Philly before.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Easy to say from the east coast. Not so much here in ground central.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

Not even just the Eagles, it's all Philly sports. Philadelphia sports fans might as well be a terrorist organization.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

WTF, us Eagles fans are ******* level headed and don't take anything personal. You mother ******* douchebag, you take that **** back. **** your mom. **** your feelings. **** Santa too.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina

I was at this game the other night. I exited the very same exit this took place in front of. Probably very shortly before this situation since we didn't see it. It was a very tense environment leaving the arena. I'm not surprised at this story and I'm not saying the Canes fan didn't say anything during the altercation but he had his ass knocked out by a Rangers fan.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Not even just the Eagles, it's all Philly sports. Philadelphia sports fans might as well be a terrorist organization.

I've said it for years but hardcore pro sports fans, especially the NFL, are a special breed of people.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
About a month or so ago, I was walking past the arena in Denver prior to a Rangers-Avs game. Passed plenty of people in NYR jerseys but didn't see anyone acting up. Then all of a sudden, I hear some shouting from across the intersection. A small group of guys randomly in Islanders jerseys were shouting and talking **** at the Rangers fans. At a NYR away game far from NY.

Probably doesn't mean much to the OP, but it cracked me up.

• Haha
Reactions: BoomerClone

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
About a month or so ago, I was walking past the arena in Denver prior to a Rangers-Avs game. Passed plenty of people in NYR jerseys but didn't see anyone acting up. Then all of a sudden, I hear some shouting from across the intersection. A small group of guys randomly in Islanders jerseys were shouting and talking **** at the Rangers fans. At a NYR away game far from NY.

Probably doesn't mean much to the OP, but it cracked me up.
Oh, I get it. Last series the Canes played the Islanders. They were obnoxious too but there were fewer of them. I can only imagine what a game in NY would look between the two