I found a fan base WAY more obnoxious than the Iowa Hawkeye fans

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Dallas stars fans have been particularly bad this year for me. Plus they have a very annoying fan that made his shtick banging glass behind the goalie all game.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
After having visited and went to matches 3 times, any English football club's fans will make the Hawkeyes look like amateurs.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
New York Rangers fans. Worst I’ve ever been around.

New hockey fan here. We went to several Carolina Hurricanes playoff games in 2023. This was our first experience with going to NHL games in person. It was an amazing experience and we decided to purchase season tickets.

Great and very fun season this year. We probably sold about half our tickets but went to around 20 games. I’ll be the first to admit that me and my wife are still learning the game but we have become big Hurricane fans.

They are playing the Rangers this postseason and the amount of vitriol hate and obnoxiousness we’ve experienced from these people has made me put them above Hawkeye fan.
They are New Yorkers what do you expect. The whole Northeast is pretty brutal (Boston, Philly, NY)

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
2011 actor inside of Cy and many traveling fans may disagree.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I've said it for years but hardcore pro sports fans, especially the NFL, are a special breed of people.
People who are super hardcore fans of ANYTHING are a special breed.

I don't care if it's the Cyclones, Jeeps, craft beer, politics, or My Little Pony. Once something becomes your entire personality, you've become a terrible human.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Hockey fans are a different breed of fans. Hard to compare them to Hok fans. Hockey fans are very passionate and dialed in folks. Hok fans are truly obnoxious and generally not the brightest.

The worst fans (from what I have heard) are Philly Eagles fans.

Kinda like wrestling to be honest. There is your standard Hawk fan. Then there is the Hawk wrestling fan that takes it up about five notches.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I don't mind so much obnoxious fan bases when their entitlement is backed up by national or league titles, consistent support across the board whether they're having good or bad seasons, and know their sport/know the history of their programs/franchise. At least they can justify their over-the-top obnoxiousness and smack talk. hok fans just have an unjustified sense of entitlement based on their own delusional views regarding the alleged greatness of university athletic programs where they may or may not have actually gone to college. Most (not all) simply cannot back up their boasting, crowing, bragging, whatever you want to call it, for whatever reason.

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Dallas stars fans have been particularly bad this year for me. Plus they have a very annoying fan that made his shtick banging glass behind the goalie all game.
The only NHL game I’ve been to was Jets-Stars a couple years ago in Dallas and I was surprised at how much fun it was. Any fanbase from Texas probably has a built in amount of dooshy arrogance but all I saw were people having a great time (Dallas scored to tie it in the second and then went ahead late in the third to win it). Anyway, if anyone has chance to check out an NHL game I highly recommend it.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Hockey fans are a different breed of fans. Hard to compare them to Hok fans. Hockey fans are very passionate and dialed in folks. Hok fans are truly obnoxious and generally not the brightest.

The worst fans (from what I have heard) are Philly Eagles fans.

Fans of the Eagles KNOW they are obnoxious and revel in it.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
The only NHL game I’ve been to was Jets-Stars a couple years ago in Dallas and I was surprised at how much fun it was. Any fanbase from Texas probably has a built in amount of dooshy arrogance but all I saw were people having a great time (Dallas scored to tie it in the second and then went ahead late in the third to win it). Anyway, if anyone has chance to check out an NHL game I highly recommend it.
Yes, please check out NHL hockey if you have a chance. It’s so damn fun. My only experience is in Raleigh for Canes games but it’s so much fun.

Reactions: AlaCyclone

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
So the Canes are about to take game 5 in NY and the Rangers fans literally booed their own team for not scoring on a power play. It was audible on TV and the announcer even commented on it. Yeah, they suck as a fanbase

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
New York Rangers fans. Worst I’ve ever been around.

New hockey fan here. We went to several Carolina Hurricanes playoff games in 2023. This was our first experience with going to NHL games in person. It was an amazing experience and we decided to purchase season tickets.

Great and very fun season this year. We probably sold about half our tickets but went to around 20 games. I’ll be the first to admit that me and my wife are still learning the game but we have become big Hurricane fans.

They are playing the Rangers this postseason and the amount of vitriol hate and obnoxiousness we’ve experienced from these people has made me put them above Hawkeye fan.
They are New Yorkers they are born dicks.

I was 7 rows from the ice when Alec Martinez scored the game winner on King Henriq right in front of me to win cup

Ranger fans will tell you it was competitive. It was the least competitive playoff series the Kings played that year.

Last edited: