I never thought I’d say this, but Jeff Hornacek might be surpassed by Tyrese Haliburton as greatness in the NBA!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If you talk about best peak seasons I think it’s pretty likely. His last season was similar to Hornacek’s best and this year will be likely better than JH’s best.

Bulk career production he would have to stay healthy a long time and decide he wants to play into late 30s which a lot of guys just don’t even want to.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Well Haliburton’s 43 point did beat Hornacek’s career high of 40, but he’s still got a ways to go to catch him in career points. Horny had a nice long career.
I’m assuming Halliburton will be playing awhile too. Career points isn’t the end all be all anyways.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I’m assuming Halliburton will be playing awhile too. Career points isn’t the end all be all anyways.

Yeah, if it’s only about total career production MJ wouldn’t be considered greatest by most.

I take it into account though. JH’s consistent high production over almost two full decades is insane.

Reactions: aauummm

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I’d agree career points is not the end all be all. I just feel like we would be getting ahead of ourselves to anoint Tyrese as the GOAT former Cyclone in the NBA yet. He certainly has the potential to end up there though.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
if he does near this level for a decade he has a chance. lots of things mostly outside of his control have to play out to beat out a 15+ year NBA vet for stats/prowess.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
you never thought you’d say this? what a troll.

LOL it's mjhavlo this as close as a compliment or positive spin you'll get. He's never met a ball game he thinks ISU will win . He likes it when ISU wins so not a troll IMO but not the most positive poster ever.

Reactions: CyDude16

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Not only did he score a career high, he also hit the game winning shot. I believe he ended up with 10 3-pointers on the night.

I wonder what Sacramento thinks now about their giving up on Haliburton and trading him to the Pacers?

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Not only did he score a career high, he also hit the game winning shot. I believe he ended up with 10 3-pointers on the night.

I wonder what Sacramento thinks now about their giving up on Haliburton and trading him to the Pacers?
He is a great PG who is also a great shooter. I think he is the best PG who played for ISU.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Both teams got better. Maybe they’ll wish they had built around TH instead of Fox though some day.

Help Support Us

Become a patron