I switched from _____ to _____

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
What have you recently switched and tell us about your experience.
  • How Long has it been
  • Happiness 1-10
  • Any issues?

Mediacom HSI to MetroNet 1GB service
  • 16 months
  • 10/10
  • No outages. Speed as advertised. Good wi-fi signal throughout house without any extras. Started out with the intro price of $70 but is now $80, no surprises and no begging them to lower my rate.
Verizon Cell to T Mobile
  • 2 Months
  • 7/10 so far
  • Traveled to Mexico and Arizona with no issues. Seem to be on 5G a lot more than Verizon. Never had an issue with Verizon coverage or speed, just trying to save money and get new phones. 2 year plan with TMobile. Wife got a Iphone 14 Pro Max and I got a Pixel 7Pro. We had a terrible customer service at a TMobile store near Merle Hay but their corporate customer service was fine. 3rd line is free which is nice.
Chase Sapphire Reserve to Capital One Venture X
  • 6 months
  • 9/10
  • No issues with CSR, just playing the CC points game. Nothing life changing. Their Priority Pass lounge access has the best rules I've seen as far as bringing in multiple people with you. To get extra points you have to remember to go through their portal, which is annoying. I thought this was just going to be a 1 year thing but I may keep it long term. I limit myself to 3 cards but I don't find myself using the Hilton one much so I may just go with 2 cards. My other one is Chase Freedom Flex, which is free.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
DirecTV/Mediacom to YouTube TV
  • 16 months
  • 11/10
  • So much better in every aspect. My one beef after 16 months is that on the TV you can't "mark recording as watched" on recordings with the exception of on the web version. I wish there was more 4K but that's more on the channels themselves.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Gas to hybrid
- 1 month
- 10/10
- I almost ran out of gas because I only fill up every other week and ignored my indicator light

Last edited:
Reactions: dmclone

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Mediacom to Hulu for tv
Mediacom to Metronet for internet.

Both almost a year. MetroNet is amazing in Ames, hasn’t been out a single time. No complaints about Hulu either. The 30 second delay for live events kind of sucks but whatever.

Reactions: ISU3PtLand

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Mister Car Wash to Shine Shop - Shine Shop cleans better, love it

I also switched from not having Costco to having Costco and my life has changed completely

Reactions: KnappShack

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
All Clad.

Keep an eye on Amazon and monitor the prices and your can save yourself a couple hundred bucks pretty easily.
My wife got a set when we got married. Nealry 25 years later and they are still in great shape. She won't let me put them in the dishwasher and I clean them every couple of years with barkeepers friends. They look like day 1.

• Winner
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Mediacom to Hulu for tv
Mediacom to Metronet for internet.

Both almost a year. MetroNet is amazing in Ames, hasn’t been out a single time. No complaints about Hulu either. The 30 second delay for live events kind of sucks but whatever.

Its getting to the point where enough people have switched where if you're still on cable you're ahead of most people in the game threads. So really being on hulu\youtubetv just puts you in line with most of the crowd

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Mister Car Wash to Shine Shop - Shine Shop cleans better, love it

I also switched from not having Costco to having Costco and my life has changed completely
I wondered who was using these services, they are popping up everywhere. I can't believe they make ones that are not touchless, I can't imagine those things touching my paint.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron