"I Will" Chant

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
I'm bumping this post because I still think this could be a very powerful chant, a very moving moment and a very unique tradition.

I think that it is fair to say that most of us, especially the players, thought this year could be something different than what played out in the first 5 weeks. But the past is what it is and we still have a lot to play for and a tough hill to climb to get there. With that said, I think this team proved in Manhattan that they have the talent, the heart and the WILL to make this year one to remember for all times.

It gives me chills to think about the chant "I"......"WILL" pouring down on these young men on Saturday. Jack Trice's legacy is cemented in our hearts, our team and our university and I can't think of anything more epic than this.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I'm bumping this post because I still think this could be a very powerful chant, a very moving moment and a very unique tradition.

I think that it is fair to say that most of us, especially the players, thought this year could be something different than what played out in the first 5 weeks. But the past is what it is and we still have a lot to play for and a tough hill to climb to get there. With that said, I think this team proved in Manhattan that they have the talent, the heart and the WILL to make this year one to remember for all times.

It gives me chills to think about the chant "I"......"WILL" pouring down on these young men on Saturday. Jack Trice's legacy is cemented in our hearts, our team and our university and I can't think of anything more epic than this.

I second this idea. It would be so much better than Cyclone Power

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I like it. We're good at yelling Cyclone Power really loud but it's very generic.

That said, I've seen other teams/programs using "I Will". Isn't that straight from Jack Trice's letter? I understand we don't own the idea of "I will," but seems like it's been adopted.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I think it would sound really muddled really fast if you alternated single syllable words. Unless one side said “I will” and the other side followed with “I will”.

Good point. We have enough trouble clapping on beat. Keeping I Will slow enough to hear it would be impossible.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
In think this would be awesome, but I wonder if it would work. Cyclone Power, each word has 2 syllables. Can the crowd get the timing right for I will?

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Does Under Armour have brand ownership of “I Will”? Maybe we can use “We” instead.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We can have both. I just think there are times that this would give the young men that extra bit of power.

I think this part would be key, don't overuse it. I think if we used it on 3rd downs in the red zone to get a big stop, that would be pretty cool. Or other REALLY big 3rd downs.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’m not a fan of the this side that side chants. Cyclone power is my least favorite chant.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwister