WTB: IA Game Ticket Advice?

Joe4Cy

Mar 5, 2010
Urbandale
www.comedyxp.tv
Hello CYCLONES!

I'm looking for some advice or guidance.

My oldest graduated from high school this past May. He's taking a gap year and has several friends that are new Cyclones. They were able to get student season tickets. He's going up for the Big Game on Friday to tailgate and hopefully get a ticket.

I know his approximate budget if anyone has 1 ticket to sell. Or, if you have advice on finding one in the lots, that, too, would be appreciated.

It's been WAY too long since I've navigated these waters, so any words of wisdom would be appreciated! (Honestly, I think we still used paper tickets the last time...!)

TIA!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There are no paper tickets anymore, so I would have a ticket before he shows up. Easiest is either getting tickets here (make sure they aren't a scammer though) or ticketmaster, vivid seats or something like that.

Reactions: Joe4Cy

Joe4Cy

Mar 5, 2010
Urbandale
www.comedyxp.tv
Great, thanks! I'll keep my eyes open.

I knew paper tix were a thing of the past.

Odds of him being able to find something at the tailgates from someone or a "ticket reseller"?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Hello CYCLONES!

My oldest graduated from high school this past May. He's taking a gap year and has several friends that are new Cyclones. They were able to get student season tickets. He's going up for the Big Game on Friday to tailgate and hopefully get a ticket.

I know his approximate budget if anyone has 1 ticket to sell. Or, if you have advice on finding one in the lots, that, too, would be appreciated.

It's been WAY too long since I've navigated these waters, so any words of wisdom would be appreciated! (Honestly, I think we still used paper tickets the last time...!)

TIA!
Be prepared to pay at least $200, for even a student ticket.

That is about the going rate right now for student tix, regular tix are going for more.

Ticketmaster resales are a good legit way to buy tix, but dont expect any deals there.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Hello CYCLONES!

TIA!
ISU ticket trader page on Facebook usually has student seats up for sale. Should be able to get most basketball games for $5-$10/game, not sure about CyHawk football

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I have a hillside I'd be willing to part with. PM me with offer if interested.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Be prepared to pay at least $200, for even a student ticket.

That is about the going rate right now for student tix, regular tix are going for more.

Ticketmaster resales are a good legit way to buy tix, but dont expect any deals there.

You can buy one one StubHub for $171 right now (fees included) to get in. Several below $200. I’d expect those will increase as the week goes on. If he’s committed to going, I’d grab one at that price.

Reactions: 2speedy1

cysdaone

Mar 18, 2015
Des Moines Area
With a hillside ticket, he may be able to get in the gate and then sit with friends in the student section. Others may know if that still works.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
With a hillside ticket, he may be able to get in the gate and then sit with friends in the student section. Others may know if that still works.
Yes, he would be able to get into the student section.