IA vs Nevada is delayed.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Still delayed according to Hawkeye Twitter as of a couple minutes ago.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You can be sure that KF will force Nevada to stay here all night and finish the game sometime tomorrow if he has to in order to get this W.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
There is a LOT of lightning right now in the IC area. This is going to be quite a while.
It’s basically an hour delay for every lightening strike.
I think the rule is a 30 minute delay, that resets with every lightening strike within 8 miles. Then there’s a 20 minute warmup.

There’s more weather coming so there’s almost no way they’ll be playing before 1am.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Really, what matters is how Draftkings will handle my under wagers. If they call the game with a winner, they'll honor that, right? But if it's a no contest then it'll get refunded?
Yeah I think that's right. I'm torn because I'd obviously love to see the hawks miss out on a W but bet the under in a parlay with us and Bama covering. Not big money by any means so no big deal either way I guess. USC/Fresno hitting the over looks like a decent possibility to end my night on a positive note.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You can be sure that KF will force Nevada to stay here all night and finish the game sometime tomorrow if he has to in order to get this W.

I think essentially to do anything other than continue waiting the ADs have to come to an agreement to either:

A)Delay to another date
B) Call the game a win for the leading team
C)No contest

Nevada has no reason to agree to B at this point when they could still theoretically win (and 17 points isn't really a super high margin), Iowa won't want to agree to C.

So assuming neither side caves, it seems it'll at least remain in 'delay' status until theyre absolutely sure they can't play it at like 2am if they have to

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If they do come back out, will there be anyone left in the stadium at all?

Im in CR and there is a boatload.of lightning and it isnt going to stop for a few hours yet at least. No way they are on the field before 1am

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
Don’t think this one will finish tonight. Wonder what will happen if there’s a resumption of play on a later date or reschedule on a bye week.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Don't understand why they couldn't have moved the kickoff to earlier in the day. They do this all the time on the PGA Tour to avoid delays when they know storms are coming.

Help Support Us

Become a patron