If ISU had won against kansas, who would be in the title game?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
We would have. We would have been tied with OU and OSU. Those 3 all went 1-1 against each other, so it goes to wins against next highest opponent, which is Kansas. Since OU lost to Kansas, they would be out. Then we get the nod over OSU with our head to head.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
We would have. We would have been tied with OU and OSU. Those 3 all went 1-1 against each other, so it goes to wins against next highest opponent, which is Kansas. Since OU lost to Kansas, they would be out. Then we get the nod over OSU with our head to head.
I second this.

Exactly correct. Which sucks!

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
We would have been in if you changed the outcome of either the KU or OU game. So we were one game away twice.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
:mccaffery::mccaffery::mccaffery:

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
We would have been in if you changed the outcome of either the KU or OU game. So we were one game away twice.
I didn't feel like we were even close to being the better team against OU. I did feel like ISU was better than KU. That sucks.

Kettes

Sep 18, 2022
Still a good year, all in all. Next year looks really promising, too!

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I didn't feel like we were even close to being the better team against OU. I did feel like ISU was better than KU. That sucks.

I agree on OU and I think we beat KU if both teams play the same type of game. They were a letter grade better than us that night.

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
Beating KU would have changed the line of the space time continuum & created a tangent & an alternate 2023 football season. We could have laid an egg at BYU & maybe Norton & Sanders stay with the team for the final game & we wouldn't have had the Sama-led offensive explosion leading to our win.

Reactions: FerShizzle

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Still a good year, all in all. Next year looks really promising, too!
the year was a great year considering the unforseen loss of 5 starters. some goobers wanted cmc gone early on. we need to keep cmc until he is dead.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Beating KU would have changed the line of the space time continuum & created a tangent & an alternate 2023 football season. We could have laid an egg at BYU & maybe Norton & Sanders stay with the team for the final game & we wouldn't have had the Sama-led offensive explosion leading to our win.
this is true. if you chance one detail, you change them all. if we have a shot at a big 12 title, i would be norton and sanders make the trip to manhattan and who knows what would have happened. Let alone all the details between ku and ksu.

Help Support Us

Become a patron