If the Big 12 Tournament couldn't be in KC

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
I've been to the tournament in Dallas and in OKC. OKC was better, especially since the women's tournament was going on right across the street. Dallas was kind of a dud, mostly because we were terrible. Did get to see Bob Knight walk off the floor in disgust at the end of the game, so that was a plus.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
That’s like asking if you like cookies, what’s your favorite donut.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Horrible timing for this poll. Mods, please close.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Why would Nashville even be considered?
Good destination and centrally located for the eastern side of the conference. And has the balance that Kansas City or San Antonio has where it is big enough to support it while not being like a Chicago or Dallas where it is just a blip on the radar.

Reactions: CycloneSpinning

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Nashville or San Antonio seem like they would be best. Denver would be too dangerous due to potential weather this time of year. Orlando and Phoenix would be good but are too far away.

Wanted to jokingly add in Memphis but can’t bring myself to it.

• Funny
Reactions: 1100011CS

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Good destination and centrally located for the eastern side of the conference. And has the balance that Kansas City or San Antonio has where it is big enough to support it while not being like a Chicago or Dallas where it is just a blip on the radar.
The tournament should be in a state that at least touches a conference state

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I've said it many times, keep the BB tournament in KC and the FB championship in Dallas. Both have proven to be the most supported and logical host locations. If they ever do try somewhere other than KC don't go completely out of the way to have it in a market that lacks the enthusiasm to draw fans to it like the Big 10 did when they tried it in NYC one year. I could maybe see OKC being a decent draw with AZ and ASU joining but KC still is hard to top as the schools with the best fan bases flood it every year and the P&L district right across the street makes it a tough setup to replicate too.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Once the Arizona fans see how KC embraces the tournament for a couple years they'll understand. It's THE big deal and not just something else going on for a weekend in Vegas.

Reactions: NWICY