If you like betting on sports . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

IowaRealEstate

Oct 15, 2012
Ankeny
www.CharterHouseIowa.com
The whole thing started with a guy saying he wouldn't listen if you were involved, your reaction to that is what escalated it. Simply ignoring someone that doesn't like you or your opinions seems like it would have been the much simpler and mature choice.

perhaps you are right. However, when he truly made it personal and tried to hurt my business (which there is zero doubt he did) that is something else entirely.

Who does that sort of thing??? It was purely out of spite and he needs to make it right.

upstateclone

Sep 26, 2013
South Cackalacky
perhaps you are right. However, when he truly made it personal and tried to hurt my business (which there is zero doubt he did) that is something else entirely.

Who does that sort of thing??? It was purely out of spite and he needs to make it right.

I've never done business with companies who use child labor, but god forbid I ever give them a one star rating.

• Funny
Reactions: Brandon

IowaRealEstate

Oct 15, 2012
Ankeny
www.CharterHouseIowa.com
Wonder if everyone who gives bad reviews gets threatened with being sued?? Lol

We have 100's of positive reviews we have worked hard to earn. We don't get bad reviews because we do things the right way. The many clients that are also members here can confirm that.
Because of that, if someone that does not live in this state and has never used our business posts a bad review about us, I will absolutely fight to protect what we have built.

upstateclone

Sep 26, 2013
South Cackalacky
We have 100's of positive reviews we have worked hard to earn. We don't get bad reviews because we do things the right way. The many clients that are also members here can confirm that.
Because of that, if someone that does not live in this state and has never used our business posts a bad review about us, I will absolutely fight to protect what we have built.

You should probably stop posting if you're acting in the best interest of your company and it's employees.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
One bad review isn't gonna hurt anything.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
I think it needs to be noted that Charter's average rating is still 5.0/5.0 despite the nefarious 1 star review left by Tyler/Zach, so I'm not sure how damaging this review could possibly be even if it was a douchey thing to do

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
This thread should be closed/archived/deleted and moved to a private conversation for the sake of all parties involved.

I understand Charter's defense, but I'd hate for it to come off poorly via online perception without context such as Brandon's.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
One bad review isn't gonna hurt anything.

That's true, and Charter is overreacting just a little (both of them are being extremely childish, but whatever. It's fun to watch unfold). But I kind of get it - it's the principle of the matter.

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

IowaRealEstate

Oct 15, 2012
Ankeny
www.CharterHouseIowa.com
C'mon, mods. Don't ban me until this lawsuit is over. The people want to know.

I will make all the followers here a promise and those that know me well (Chris, Gray, etc.) know that I will keep my word.

I will announce on an upcoming FAW when the lawsuit has been filed. I won't leave you guys hanging.

As far as Upstateclone goes, he likely has about 3-4 hours left on the site before he is banned.

He can't say he was not given plenty of warning to make things right.

We don't live in a world where you can just try to hurt people without consequences. I did not want it to go that way and am willing to forgive and forget, but he has not shown any indication he is willing to do that.

It is too bad, but I will follow through on what I said I will do.

IowaRealEstate

Oct 15, 2012
Ankeny
www.CharterHouseIowa.com
That's true, and Charter is overreacting just a little (both of them are being extremely childish, but whatever. It's fun to watch unfold). But I kind of get it - it's the principle of the matter.

One guy is posting fake crap, lying about it, and not apologizing and the other guy is trying to protect how he feeds his kids.
There is nothing childish about what I am doing.
Other than maybe calling him some names . . .

upstateclone

Sep 26, 2013
South Cackalacky
I will make all the followers here a promise and those that know me well (Chris, Gray, etc.) know that I will keep my word.

I will announce on an upcoming FAW when the lawsuit has been filed. I won't leave you guys hanging.

As far as Upstateclone goes, he likely has about 3-4 hours left on the site before he is banned.

He can't say he was not given plenty of warning to make things right.

We don't live in a world where you can just try to hurt people without consequences. I did not want it to go that way and am willing to forgive and forget, but he has not shown any indication he is willing to do that.

It is too bad, but I will follow through on what I said I will do.

OMG, I can't wait.

upstateclone

Sep 26, 2013
South Cackalacky
One guy is posting fake crap, lying about it, and not apologizing and the other guy is trying to protect how he feeds his kids.

If you're really worried about feeding your kids, don't you think it'd be wise to not waste your money suing someone over something you're sure to lose? Your crocodile tears are so salty.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I wanted to go back to this post real quick because you seemed to think you knew what you were talking about. Not trying to be rude but I want people to see the facts rather then just assume what you said above to be true. If I can save some fanatics some coin, hopefully they'll in turn donate it to Chris and the guys.

Here's the home records against the spread for college football teams the last 3 years. It's sad, but yes I keep all this stuff for modeling purposes and have some great references to help out.

CFB HOME DOGS ATS
2014-2015: 114-128
2015-2016: 115-153
2016-2017: 134-128

This does not include any bowl games, only regular season games. And if you want to dig deeper and further understand how far off your statement was, you can go back and calculate the odds and implied winning %.

I don't think I suggested betting every home dog. Furthermore, your numbers will likely vary from 0-3 point dogs, 4-7 point dogs, and 7+ point dogs.

But you can make money betting Conference home dogs especially in 7+ situations. My experience and every game is situational but I would highlight those games first and then dig deeper.

What I can certainly inform the forum is that you don't make money laying -120 on Prop bets. Especially when injuries, blowouts, etc can effect those bets more so than a side or total. Can you win prop bets here and there absolutely. Are you going to find long term success betting props? No.... and why not.

If you are betting at -108 which most reputable online sites (Heritage, etc) offer you will need to hit 52% to make the smallest of profits.

If you are betting at -110 which is standard in Vegas you have to hit 53% to make a small profit.

If you are betting -115 or -120 on prop bets then you will need to hit at a 54-55% clip to make a profit.

I've been betting games for over 15 years and the best yearly percentage that I have ever had was 57.5% and it was a fabulous year. You find me a person that consistently hits props at over 58% and I will show you a liar.

upstateclone

Sep 26, 2013
South Cackalacky

Maybe I gave you a 1 star review because you give out people's personal information. Tread lightly, Charter.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I think it needs to be noted that Charter's average rating is still 5.0/5.0 despite the nefarious 1 star review left by Tyler/Zach, so I'm not sure how damaging this review could possibly be even if it was a douchey thing to do
It's not a real time score update. The score can take up to a week to reflect the new rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.