IHSAA State Wrestling 2024

4cy16

Jun 14, 2021
He's dominant so far. He pinned his first opponent in 30 sec. He pinned the next in the quarterfinals in 2:58. His quarterfinals opponent was pinned at the end of the first, but the ref was out of position to see it before time ran out. Got to the kid's legs at will, too.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
We haven't gotten a lot of Osage kids over the years. Had Brady Jennings and the Kuper twins but that is about it I think?

I know Osage in particular has had quite a few go to Iowa and there is the schwab connection at UNI. Always kind of surprises me we don't get more of the small town Iowa kids in general since we are the Ag school.

Maybe that starts changing with the current coaching staff and if we continue to have good national success. Maybe not because looking at the national hs rankings, there aren't many kids from iowa in there, and most of them are from the usual suspects in 3A.

I wonder how our relationship is with Dan knight at Bett? He wrestled here and his brother did too, but Bett is close to IC.
Isn't there a former cyclone on staff at Osage now?

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Remember that story about Austin Scranton from Anamosa wrestling that athlete who had cerebal palsy?

Austin has grown up now and a Junior at Anamosa. He has made it to the Class 2A 175 final tomorrow.

Remember this video very well, can't believe it was more than 4 years ago. Didn't realize it was him.

Reactions: cyputz

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Older Fox is at UNI - Schwab connection.

Younger Fox- I bet UNI eventually

Kittleson - You are correct I think Air Force

Muller - SDSU football

Gast - Iowa Central for baseball

Stangel - ??? not sure
I'm hearing Stangel isn't interested in wrestling beyond high school.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron