"I'll need that monthly, please"

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Goals seem to be a waste of time for me. My manager has the same sentiment about goals so basically we waste time making up goals knowing that I will never reach them. Every quarter they get moved forward and HR doesn't look at them since it's between me and my manager. Other pet peeves are standup meetings and tracking time. We hardly document anything in our IT department yet they want me to be diligent about tracking every minute of the day.
We must work for the same company

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Me too. I know why they do it and it is necessary, but it's still aggravating.
I know why they do it as well and it is BS. They want me to apply my time to the clients. It doesn't matter if I have to sit through 4 hours of conference calls daily over complete BS, I have to apply that time to a client so in the end their metrics are BS because the times are BS because the rules are BS.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
I used to work for a major telecommunications firm. We would have sales people on an account demand a certain type of report that a prospective commercial customer supposedly wanted and spend literally hundreds of hours building and refining them. Almost without fail, we'd find out months or years down the road the customer had never looked or even requested such a report.

Reactions: DurangoCy

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Least favorite is definitely invoicing clients. I have to have them done by the 10th, it's the 13th and haven't started for the 15th straight month. So I'm going to have to do them this weekend. I have about 15 that I need to do each month and 10 are awesome clients, but it's the 5 that suck that I have to fight with for 3 months to get paid that are the absolute bane of my existence.

One is trying to screw me on an 18k COs and another is trying to screw us on about 20k in COs. They are absolute trash clients and I want them out of my life.