Illinois offense: Woof

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Watching Iowa and Illinois for some unknown reason. Holy mother of god, Illinois' offense is absolutely awful.

And why does Lovie Smith need a headset? He never says a word.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Watching Iowa and Illinois for some unknown reason. Holy mother of god, Illinois' offense is absolutely awful.

That's just the B1G in general. They claim it's great defense, but great defense doesn't explain an average of 2 uncontested dropped passes per possession.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Ha ha - I remember on the Big Ten Network they featured players imitating their head coaches; an Illinois player said that he couldn't, because "since he came here I haven't heard him say 10 words."

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
It's better than watching the flag football that is the big 12

When do you mostly see missed tackles? In the open field. You realize half the tackles made in the Big XII's spread offenses have to be made in the open field right?

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I realize it's windy as hell there but I really thought Wes Lunt was going to be a stud

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
When do you mostly see missed tackles? In the open field. You realize half the tackles made in the Big XII's spread offenses have to be made in the open field right?
Iowa State's scoring average went up nearly 5 ppg during conference play. And that's with an ooc schedule that included SJSU and uni.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's kind of refreshing to watch a P5 offense that ISU is far and away better than.

I wouldn't have even thought it possible. Illinois on pace for 16 or 17 punts.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So every team in the conference just happens to increase their scoring in conference play?

The Big 12 has some bad defenses and some teams that seem indifferent about playing D...but the Big Ten has offenses that are just as bad.

I can barely even believe a major conference team can look this much worse than ISU on offense. ISU looks like an NFL offense compared to Illinois and we suck.

• Agree
Reactions: Prone2Clone

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
The Big 12 has some bad defenses and some teams that seem indifferent about playing D...but the Big Ten has offenses that are just as bad.

I can barely even believe a major conference team can look this much worse than ISU on offense. ISU looks like an NFL offense compared to Illinois and we suck.
I'll agree with all of this. Some terrible offenses, including Iowa's.