I'm never going to another Iowa State MBB game.

Mycology

Jan 16, 2011
Screwston,TX
Yesterday I was lucky enough to get two tickets to the game last night. Thanks again to the guy that gave em up. This was my first game. I loved the atmosphere and I thought our guys played hard. Anyways, I thought I would take my gf. Picked her up for the game she was quiet. She was distant the whole game. We lost the game that sucks. Then on the way home she says I think we need to take a break. She said that she wanted to have a talk but then I got tickets and she wanted to go to the game. So she waited until after the game. Needless to say I'm heart broken been together for 2 and half years, and we lost to mizzou!

I never going to a game again.

Last edited:

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Lucky you were just dating and you don't lose half!

Plenty of fish in the sea, to get over the gf - pretend you are fishing in canada for walleye.......you may not catch a keeper, but you should be able to catch a fish every 5-10 minutes, then you just throw it back!

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
OP, maybe the drive to the game was too long. How far is it from Screwston ,TX to Ames? Keep hunting my friend.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Mycology: I hope you know this means I'm giving you another set of the open tickets I have and you're going to find a friend to go to the game with. None of this "never going again" bull ****.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'd punch you in the balls right now if I could. After 2 and a half years you should be welcoming the opportunity for some new experiences and upgrading- you seem fairly young, why waste prime "exploration" years anyways? The probability you were with the best companion you could get is very low.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
My advice: go after the mom. Each girl that I have dated their mother had some cougar in them, and I sure that this girl's mother is no different. Not only will this cougar be your rebound, but it will surely annoy your ex for the rest of her life. That my friend is what we call a win-win. :cool:

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Well if you look like the picture in your Avatar, I cannot blame her.

Don't hold her stupidity against the men's basketball team.