I'm so ashamed....

Cymaster

Jun 14, 2006
I have broken the cardinal rule I told myself I would never break. I am now engaged to a (gag.....sorry, I think I just threw up in my mouth) hawkeye. I'm only getting through this by telling myself she isn't a die hard hawk fan, she just goes there for school and does the "in" thing and goes to the football games. Don't worry, there WILL BE future Cyclones :wink0st:

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
0disappointed_1.jpg

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
tsk tsk tsk.....shame on you.

Congrats on the engagement, but shame upon you and your family for, cough, gag, loving a Hawkeye.

Congrats!

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
i hate to admit it..but if i am thinking right, 4 out of my last 5 gfs have been hawk fans...maybe thats why the never lasted for me... eh owell

congrats on the engagement... just dont let ur kids end up like the one on the commercial...

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Welcome to the club! :eek4wd:

I'm sure there are more of us out there, at "least" we can say that both of ours went to that school which doesn't mean much but it is better than the Hawk girl that went to NIACC or Kwood.

Congrats!

loboclone

Aug 8, 2006
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
You will have issues in your marriage, I married a Sqwakette in '99........she has many issues. However, I have never allowed Suckeye things in the house and she adheres to it. You must have ground rules when cohabiting with an EIU grad.

To make it a Clone home we got married in Vegas and our evening was spent at the UNLV-ISU game and tailgate. You must keep your prorities in order....

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
If we cant kick the Hawks outta the state, then i guess we can BREED them out.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I have broken the cardinal rule I told myself I would never break. I am now engaged to a (gag.....sorry, I think I just threw up in my mouth) hawkeye. I'm only getting through this by telling myself she isn't a die hard hawk fan, she just goes there for school and does the "in" thing and goes to the football games. Don't worry, there WILL BE future Cyclones :wink0st:

As long as she is not a husker, you are still ok...there is still hope for her, it is your job to straighten it out... heh, that's what she said. (I love the office)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Closet Hawk fan! Hawk lover! LOUD NOISES!

Oh...um...sorry...assumed another identity for a second.

Congrats and good luck converting her to the good side!

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I like this idea... No two clone fans can get together from here on out. We dont want to be hoarding all the good genes. The kids dont have to be pure-bred, just need a dominant cyclone trait.:wink0st:

The Cyclone gene is definitely the dominant X gene and the EIU gene is the recessive Y gene except it is missing a limb the makes it look like more of a V gene. Of course the missing part of the gene is the part responsible for developing the mass between the ears and attaining objectivity.

Seriously though, congratulations on the engagement and being able to see past the sports crap when making priorities......Oh my, did I just say that?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
We can breed the hawkeye out of the state like people are saying, but don't forget about conversions! I can say that I successfully converted two of my hawk buddies to Cyclones as well as a Minnesota fan!

I must admit I've had a lot of hawk gf's, but none were diehard, they are much like what cymaster's woman is prolly like.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
My fiance and I are highschool sweet hearts from Ames High, so I knew there was no chance at Hawkeye loving from her! good luck to you!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Trust me, THERE IS HOPE!!!

I'm married to a woman that came from a pro-Hawk family (except the mom, she's from Ohio, making her a Buckeye). While the process is slow and painful, I am slowly pulling her away from the dark side. She now owns 3-4 cyclone shirts and 1 hawkeye shirt (which I haven't seen her wear in months). She wants more cyclone clothing and cyclone flannel pants to wear to bed at nite. Trust me, with patience and persistence, IT CAN BE DONE!!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron