In Game Betting-Local teams?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I noticed during the ISU-Houston game last night that I could bet on every active game, except the ISU game was grayed out. Is there some kind of rule that doesn't allow this? I've read that you can bet on local player props and I know I could have bet before the game started. Sorry if I got the wording wrong, I gamble with the intelligence of a third grader.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I noticed during the ISU-Houston game last night that I could bet on every active game, except the ISU game was grayed out. Is there some kind of rule that doesn't allow this? I've read that you can bet on local player props and I know I could have bet before the game started. Sorry if I got the wording wrong, I gamble with the intelligence of a third grader.

I don’t know what was going on. It was only DraftKings that did that. I don’t know if something was wrong with their algorithm or if they got some enormous bet that caused them to close it for some reason. I was able to secure an ISU win by putting money on Houston during halftime using FanDuel (by the way, you’re all welcome).

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Which app were you using? I’ve had the same issue with FanDuel

Also, you legally CAN bet on player props as long as it’s not an in-state university. For whatever reason FanDuel/DraftKings have always had issues with player props. FWIW, I use bet365 for props. In fact, I cashed a nice little parlay last night

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Draft Kings allows live betting on ISU- I do it often in Jack Trice and Hilton. They do grey it out randomly for whatever reason sometimes - probably high volatility.

Reactions: RagingCloner

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
They grey it out during active play so you have to wait for a time out/commercial.

Not sure how they automate it though since I doubt they just have a guy watching all these games and flipping the switch.