In memoriam of Brian Ferentz as Iowa's OC

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If there was ever a time to employ this, now would be it.

1*HD9zGkceAs-HfcqPgkYi_A.jpeg
“If everything you’ve ever done is wrong….”

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
It would be embarrassing if Petras went to Utah State and had decent success. Iowa fans will probably use the excuse that the BIG west has too many good defenses.
Petras is probably a much better practice player than he was in games. His foot work was awful in live action. He might be ok but I can't see him being much above that. They gave him 3 years 1 of which 2020-21 season he had plenty of talent around him. I'm going to be a lot more upset if Labas who sounds like might start at Central Michigan has a good year. We had Deacon hill and didn't even give him a shot for some reason

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Hassle on IE reminds us how decorated a recruit Petras was and how he was doing all the Manning camps etc. He should sue Brian Ferentz for cratering his career. I give BF 85% of the blame and Petras himself 15% for how bad he was at Iowa. Brian Ferentz you should feel bad.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Hassle on IE reminds us how decorated a recruit Petras was and how he was doing all the Manning camps etc. He should sue Kirk and Brian Ferentz for cratering his career. I give KF/BF 85% of the blame and Petras himself 15% for how bad he was at Iowa. Kirk and Brian Ferentz you should feel bad.
Fixed it for you. The offense was Kirk's offense. Both he and Kirk were at fault.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I don't know anything about the new Iowa OC, but it almost has to be addition by subtraction. BF had to be the main problem. I was on the B1G website and it had the Iowa bowl game highlights just sitting there so I watched a little. I forgot how bad that was. 35-0 final score. About 1/3 of the highlights were of the Iowa QB being sacked. That OL couldn't block.

Against PSU they had 76 yards and 0 points. Against Michigan they had 155 yards, 0 points. Against Tennessee they had 173 yards and 0 points. And they beat Nebraska by 3, Illinois by 2 and NW by 3. I'm going to wager they almost have to be better just not having BF on the sideline. I can't imagine any of their fans will miss him.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I don't know anything about the new Iowa OC, but it almost has to be addition by subtraction. BF had to be the main problem. I was on the B1G website and it had the Iowa bowl game highlights just sitting there so I watched a little. I forgot how bad that was. 35-0 final score. About 1/3 of the highlights were of the Iowa QB being sacked. That OL couldn't block.

Against PSU they had 76 yards and 0 points. Against Michigan they had 155 yards, 0 points. Against Tennessee they had 173 yards and 0 points. And they beat Nebraska by 3, Illinois by 2 and NW by 3. I'm going to wager they almost have to be better just not having BF on the sideline. I can't imagine any of their fans will miss him.
You’re forgetting that BF we just calling the plays to daddy’s offense. I wouldn’t expect anything different if I was a UI fan right now. KF is still there and still calling the shots. Not to mention, the defense took a step back based on who they lost

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
You’re forgetting that BF we just calling the plays to daddy’s offense. I wouldn’t expect anything different if I was a UI fan right now. KF is still there and still calling the shots. Not to mention, the defense took a step back based on who they lost
The offense to a degree has been different under every OC. BF had no idea how play call though. I agree there. Lester’s offense will incorporate alot of RPO and motion.

Defense returns 8 starters. I think I’ve heard for 4 or 5 years in a row how the defense is going to take a step back and simply doesn’t happen.

• Funny
Reactions: cycloner29

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
The offense to a degree has been different under every OC. BF had no idea how play call though. I agree there. Lester’s offense will incorporate alot of RPO and motion.

Defense returns 8 starters. I think I’ve heard for 4 or 5 years in a row how the defense is going to take a step back and simply doesn’t happen.
Sure, except now they have to play real football. The B1G west is gone. Even with the soft conference schedule UI has this year, they’ll still need an offense with a pulse

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Sure, except now they have to play real football. The B1G west is gone. Even with the soft conference schedule UI has this year, they’ll still need an offense with a pulse
No doubt the offense has to step up. I’m not worried about the defense.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
No doubt the offense has to step up. I’m not worried about the defense.
Actually 7, the defense wasn’t as good as you and the sukeye media machine made them out to be.
They got their stats playing 6 of the 10 WORST offenses in the country.!
When they played 3 decent teams it was like, 90-0. And they only played what ,3 or 4 good QBs…. Mich, ISU , Penn St, the bowl game was played by QB who didn’t play all year. That game could have been 50-0 !