In-N-Out Burger Advice

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Wow, I usually agree with you Al but Whataburger is battling to bring up the caboose along with Jack in the Box.

I'm with you on Jack in the Box. When i first moved to the West Coast, all i knew about Jack in the Box was their E-coli outbreak from the 90's. But if you spend any time there, their commercials are on TV and the radio pretty much constantly, and they're actually pretty funny. So, I gave it a try. It's not very good. Very average.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm with you on Jack in the Box. When i first moved to the West Coast, all i knew about Jack in the Box was their E-coli outbreak from the 90's. But if you spend any time there, their commercials are on TV and the radio pretty much constantly, and they're actually pretty funny. So, I gave it a try. It's not very good. Very average.
That's actually similar to their next slogan. "Not just average. Very average!"

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
In-N-Out is delicious. It isn't the greatest thing ever, but it is a very good fast food burger. I think some people hate on it to be contrarian.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Just ate at the location in Glendale. Much better experience this time around.

Double-double animal style and animal fries.

Good to hear you liked it more this time. I think In-N-Out is very, very, good, but I don't go animal style on the burger. I don't think it would improve the burger unless you're a big fan of pickles or want it more liquidy. Just go grilled onions on the regular.

I really miss the food in SoCal.

Last edited:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
If you are going to Jack in the Box, you need to buy the top end sirlon and angus burgers. Those are fine. The other burgers, which unfortuntaely usually comprise any specials that Jack is offering, are not so great.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Animal on the burger or the fries is great! Animal on both gets to be a little much

I would agree with this. I was introduced to In-n-out on a business trip in the san diego area and longed for more. Found out there was one in phoenix, so made sure to stop on our next trip there (in-laws). I kind of went all secret menu with my order just because I knew it'd be a while before I got back, and yeah....animal style on burger and fries was much.

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
I've had In-N-Out, Whataburger, and 5 Guys.

1. Whataurger

2. In-N-Out

3. 5 Guys

Those of you who put Whataburger on a plane with Burger King are out of your ******* minds. All three places are pretty good, but Whataburger is hands down the best fast food burger in America. In-N-Out is delicious, but just not quite there. 5 Guys is better than other fast food places, but not as good as Whataburger or In-N-Out.

Here is a Whataburger (right from their website). That is pretty much an exact replica of the crappy burgers you get at McD or BK. Even if you don't like 5 Guys or Smashburger, I really don't see how you can even compare those to this.

129839959460763587Whataburger.jpg

Opiner

Nov 13, 2013
I've eaten at all of them, never at close enough intervals to make any type of definitive choice. It's kinda cool to know/see that everything at INO is fresh though. I don't eat out much though...

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Five Guys burger is good, but their fries are horrible. Their free peanuts are pretty good though.

Smashburger is way too greasy and expensive. Onion straws are awesome if you have a stomach of iron that can handle the grease.

For all around meal experience, In N Out is the way to go.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
First let me say that the two times I ate there I really liked it but I have a feeling if In-N-Out came to Des Moines it would be about 2 months of excitement and then just fizzle out and you'd rarely hear about them. Saw this with Krispy Kreme (remember the lines?), Starbucks, Smashburger, Whole Foods, etc. I liked all of these but I've been to KK twice, Smashburger twice, and Whole Foods twice. Not that In-N-Out wouldn't be successful (they would) but so much of it is hype.

I had 5 guys in Omaha(across from a mall) and it wasn't good. May have just been a one time thing.

Help Support Us

Become a patron