In need of Spotted Cow in the Metro

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
So I made a bet, and owe a guy a case of beer. Of course he chose Spotted Cow, notorious for only being sold in Wisconsin.

Is there any way to buy it in the metro, or anyone coming from the direction? Will pay a little more for the 12 pack not to have to drive there.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
So I made a bet, and owe a guy a case of beer. Of course he chose Spotted Cow, notorious for only being sold in Wisconsin.

Is there any way to buy it in the metro, or anyone coming from the direction? Will pay a little more for the 12 pack not to have to drive there.
wait, do you need a case or a 12 pack?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

This is a Hawk fan isn't it?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

Next time you win this bet against him make sure to choose a bottle or two of Andechser Weißbier Hefetrüb or some Yuengling

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm always amazed at how jacked up people get for Spotted Cow.

If you know anyone in Dubuque, they'd likely have it just a few miles NE of there if there's a meet up.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Solution = fall color drive to NE Iowa and SW Wisconsin. Enjoy scenery, buy beer, win-win.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Moon Man may be better than Spotted and gets no love whatsoever
Just got back from fishing the Minocqua chain this past weekend. We skipped the Spotted Cow all together and went with Moon Man.

I did have a Spotted Cow as my beer chaser with a Bloody Mary though. Too bad I didn’t know sooner or I could have hooked the OP up. He would have to have met me at my tailgate before the Kansas game though as that will be the next time I’m in Iowa.

Reactions: srjclone

CyclonimusPrime

Aug 18, 2021
Ames
Moon Man may be better than Spotted and gets no love whatsoever

This post has been reported for trolling. Kidding. I'm a huge Moon Man fan myself. I don't mind Spotted Cow, but Moon Man was my first "craft" beer I went out of my way to buy. Spotted Cow may be the Gateway Beer to the craft brew world.

Reactions: srjclone

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

Maybe offer him something better that’s brewed locally?

Reactions: madguy30

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Kind of a jerk move by him to choose a beer that isn't sold locally.

Actually wasn't a sports bet, and I didn't even bet him beer. I agreed to it beforehand actually because he's from WI. All in good fun!

Maybe I'll have to make the drive.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
My wife brought back two variety pack cases from the brewery years again and I shocked how much like like every beer I tried. Would love to get a couple more cases one of these days

Reactions: Farnsworth