Bug Incorrect text quoted in internal CF links

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
You can see how it occurred twice in this post:

This is where I pointed it out in the post linked above:

And the post there where it was reported that Jacob Ellis also committed (Note: there is a site error in what text is inserted in these links):

Maybe this is an anomaly and can’t or won’t be fixed. I’ve also noticed before that whether this site automatically inserts quoted text at all, like this, depends on what browser I use. I use mostly Firefox, Edge, Brave, and Safari.

These links were all created on Safari for iPhone.

In both of the links there with text automatically inserted by CF, the link is to the permanent link for a particular post, which you get by pressing on the post number in that thread.

The link takes you to the correct post. But the text automatically inserted by CF associated with that link isn’t from that link but from a different post, which can create confusion. It would be better if it created a link like the one above in this post — without any text from the linked post — instead of inserting text from a different post. It isn’t clear why it sometimes does this, since all of these links are created in the same way — to particular posts within a thread, which you get by pressing on the post # for that post within the thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron