INSIDER: Three grad transfers that Iowa State is targeting

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
This season was over a lot longer than a week ago. Sorry, ill try another one you AG nerds can understand:

He can't find anyone new, so he is going to have to go home to his small town after college and talk himself into marrying the chick from high school he finger blasted in the back of an 88 Chevy after a football game. She smokes a pack a day, buys bottom level booze, once did some stuff with his cousin, works hourly at Dairy Queen and has opinions on " the minorities in the apartment over there"

That one didn't work either, what I'm saying is, Prohm isn't going to be able to just get whomever he wants. The player is going to have to want to come here, and other than immediate playing time, what can he offer?
If the point of an analogy is to enlighten or amuse, I don't think you accomplished either here by beating this dead horse.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I see three names we are looking at. If we fill 3 or even 4 (assuming Tyrese declares for the NBA) we would love to get 4 starter quality players, but I don't expect that and it is likely unrealistic anyway. What are we trying to accomplish to win more games?

We talk about getting bigger, older (really means get wiser, stronger, tougher) and better shooting. If I had three quick things I could add: a true point guard with ball security that can pass play D and penetrate, to allow Bolton to move to the 2. We need a three that can slash and rebound. I miss the athletic 6'5"-6'7" or taller guy. In the old days think Mark Baugh/Elmer Robinson or more recent the Dustin Hogue/Ejim mold. They need to be able to put the ball on the floor going to the hoop. Would love for them to at least be respectable from 3, but have to be able to hit a pull up shorter J, play D and rebound! Then I want a Big that can battle on the boards. I know not asking for much. If we get the 4th I am all in on a dead eye shooter.

These first three grad transfers we might be looking at and have a chance at aren't the three we will end up with as they are really focused on the first, and maybe the 4th need. they don't seem to help with the second or the third. Get older? Yes. Get smarter? we hope. Handle the point? Not sure. Shoot better? 2 of them likely yes, and one it doesn't seem so from stats only view.
Three of the freshmen fit no. 2. Blackwell isn't a shooter, but he definitely fits the mold. Don't think they're going to add another big to the fold if they're looking to play four-out again.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Three of the freshmen fit no. 2. Blackwell isn't a shooter, but he definitely fits the mold. Don't think they're going to add another big to the fold if they're looking to play four-out again.

Can’t play 4 out with no shooters, at least not effectively. We also couldn’t rebound for crap at times.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Can’t play 4 out with no shooters, at least not effectively. We also couldn’t rebound for crap at times.
qsqgx.jpg

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
I was responding to Only Cyclones who said we wouldn't be recruiting any bigs if we intended to play 4 out. To me, with two of your 4 returning players as bigs, I wasn't agreeing we intended to play 4 out.

Help Support Us

Become a patron