"Insiders" claim expansion this weekend

C

CyBer

Do not want Notre Dame as a ******* half member! Unless they agree to become a full one after their TV contracts are up.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Yeah **** is really blowing up. 2 anon insiders and one Baylor Blogger all saying the same thing.....

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
WVU sure seems to be the leader for the push of Big 12 expansion. Not that I can blame them though...

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Does this help ISU?

Probably brings back dev play. Does it hurt ISU to not play teams like TX and OU every year?

Probably increases our chances at playing for a confrence championship.

Trainer

Oct 20, 2009
Read through that scout forum post. It is only at 2 pages, but a lot of stuff in it.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I don't want ND as a partial, even with an understanding that they'd be full fledged after their TV deal is up. All they'd do is leach off us in the meantime, then open it up to the highest bidder when the contract is up. Their partial membership sure didn't seem to do the Big East any favors. I like the idea of the dollars they could bring, but I'm not sure it's worth the b.s. it'll take to get our share.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I'd say we'd have gone 3-7. Most years they'd beat us on talent alone.

This is true. For a program that gets as many highly ranked recruits as they do their results for about the past 10 years have been pretty mediocre.

iowa_wildcat

Jan 25, 2008
Ames
Notre Dame has to remain an independent until their football contract with NBC expires. The only way they should be allowed to join the Big 12 in other sports now would be if they agreed to full membership when that NBC contract is completed. We could very well have another Longhorn Network on the horizon.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm all for divisions. ISU can catch fire once a decade and make a run to the Big 12 title game much easier than they could ever outright win a round robin format.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My prediction.
First the new playoff format has to go final before B12 expands. That may be a week or more. Then, with the money planned for future B12, FSU and ND and maybe one other of Clemson or Louisville will take the plunge to move to B12. The ND football will not move until 2015 or so after the NBC contract runs out. ND will want their own LHN.

Reasons: too much money to pass up; lousy football in ACC, too many ACC bball schools with no football sway league votes, now is a good year to lock in the future, we are headed to big four conferences to match playoffs and ACC is not one of them, ESPN needs the next big thing, FOX wants to help also, too many AD/prez gamblers involved not to do this, football is monetary king, SEZ is coming (threw that in for Cyclone fans), and the pasture always look green as in money on the other side.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron