Interesting concept to purchase NCAA tickets

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Seems like a great idea, but also one that would make a great scam. If the chat person is named "Marty," shut off your computer!

• Funny
Reactions: CYdTracked

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Did this before the Texas football game, for B12 championship game tickets. Don’t remember what I paid but not too much. Was worth the risk tonsecure good seats cheaper than the second hand market.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Did this before the Texas football game, for B12 championship game tickets. Don’t remember what I paid but not too much. Was worth the risk tonsecure good seats cheaper than the second hand market.

So, you got a refund (or never were charged)?

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
This is a legit thing. They are backed by many well known people and companies. It has been around for years and just keeps getting bigger. I know many people that have done it. You pay the little fee at the start to secure the tickets IF the team makes it to the game you are trying to get. If the team makes it you get the tickets at face value and they charge your card that amount. If the team does not get to the game you just are out the $10 or whatever you paid to reserve them. It is a awesome concept that I wish I would of thought of because they are making bank off the fans that reserve tickets on teams that do not make the big games. People can also reserve a team and that teams sells out on the site and then when that happens there is a section where you can put your reserve up for bid and basically scalp out your reserved tickets and sell the reserve for whatever you feel someone will buy it for. You will notice the teams that are projected to make the games are higher priced to reserve. I think Bama for the national title game was like $75 to reserve a ticket.

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
For example ISU final four to reserve is $55 and Iowa is $29. They are favoring ISU to make it over Iowa

Lafaester54

Mar 18, 2011
Colorado/Wyoming
This is somewhat related to this thread. I have had good luck getting earlier round NCAA tickets by calling the ticket office of teams not likely to sell their allotment. For example if ISU gets sent to a regional with North Carolina A&T as the 16 seed call the NC A&T ticket office and order tickets. Has worked for me re Salt Lake, Denver and Albuquerque games. Good seats, too and at face value.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City

You only pay the fee to secure the tickets at this time. You do not get that money back. For the B12 Champions ship game, it was 20 or 30-yard line seats. for half the price you could get on StubHub. So I paid $20 to secure two tickets I think. The week before that I could have paid like $5 a seat. I am out $20, but if ISU makes it, I have good seats and don't have to pay second-hand prices.

You would only be charged for the full ticket price if your team makes the game. I think it is a really neat concept and better than playing the waiting game on StubHub or Vivid Seats. Those serve a different purpose in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

rhoho

Dec 2, 2015
Southern Iowa
You only pay the fee to secure the tickets at this time. You do not get that money back. For the B12 Champions ship game, it was 20 or 30-yard line seats. for half the price you could get on StubHub. So I paid $20 to secure two tickets I think. The week before that I could have paid like $5 a seat. I am out $20, but if ISU makes it, I have good seats and don't have to pay second-hand prices.

You would only be charged for the full ticket price if your team makes the game. I think it is a really neat concept and better than playing the waiting game on StubHub or Vivid Seats. Those serve a different purpose in my opinion.

I explained that all above haha

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Good to know that it is legit. Fascinating to see a market for futures options on Iowa State tickets!

Reactions: boone7247