Interesting Info on Cyclones.tv Volleyball Broadcasts

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
Given the budgets of most volleyball programs, the technical know-how required to do what you describe, and the time and effort required, I doubt there are many teams doing this.

Really? All it takes is a computer with a $40 video capture card installed in it. My 9 year-old could do it when she was 6.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
my first thought in reading CJL remarks was about post season play. Don't want people who haven't scouted you, to all of a sudden be able to see all of your home matches. In noncon, there really isn't enough matches to "scout" and in the Big 12, they play each other enough, and see each other enough playing other Big 12, that it there is less "scouting" need.

Reactions: VeloClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
my first thought in reading CJL remarks was about post season play. Don't want people who haven't scouted you, to all of a sudden be able to see all of your home matches. In noncon, there really isn't enough matches to "scout" and in the Big 12, they play each other enough, and see each other enough playing other Big 12, that it there is less "scouting" need.

Excellent post. By the time the team knows they are playing ISU there aren't any live games to capture.

+1

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
So take them down once the postseason starts then. I respect what the coach is wanting, but people are paying for content, and the more content the better. Especially since Volleyball is the only Fall Olympic sport that Cyclones.TV broadcasts in its entirety there is no reason not to have all the broadcasts available in the archive.