Interesting Iowa State QB Drill

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I was looking through youtube and happened to find this ChampionshipProductions page. They added three videos within the last week from Iowa State football practices. I'm guessing these videos are from bowl prep practices based on clothing and lack of leaves on trees but I don't really know. This particular video was the most interesting to me:

The drill itself isn't what intrigued me, but the fact that Lanning is going through this drill with the other QBs. I don't really expect that we'll see Lanning in a rollout pass during the bowl game but you never know. Just thought I would share with you guys (and gals).

EDIT: Video is actually from spring 2016 and not uploaded until last week.

Last edited:

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I was thinking that it was Spring ball but again, I could totally be wrong.
That might make more sense, the player throwing me off was #8, because we don't have a QB with that number right now, but it may be Dominic De Lira. I just assumed they wouldn't sit on this video for that long before posting it.

• Agree
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Video is from Campbell's first spring. #19 is Kempt

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I know a guy who works there too...

They're from spring practice. So you'll see Lanning, Kempt, Noland, Starcevich, and Dom Delira (transferred out).

P.S. - Buy the video.

P.P.S. - Okay you don't have to buy the video but if you know any football coaches who'd be interested in watching some footage of ISU practice, give them a little nudge!

• Agree
Reactions: Farnsworth

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I know a guy who works there too...

They're from spring practice. So you'll see Lanning, Kempt, Noland, Starcevich, and Dom Delira (transferred out).

P.S. - Buy the video.

P.P.S. - Okay you don't have to buy the video but if you know any football coaches who'd be interested in watching some footage of ISU practice, give them a little nudge!
Spring 2016, correct? Do you know why they would wait so long to post it? Would it be because Matt Campbell didn't become Big 12 coach of the year until very recently?

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Spring 2016, correct? Do you know why they would wait so long to post it? Would it be because Matt Campbell didn't become Big 12 coach of the year until very recently?
Yeah, spring '16.

A few things went into the timing of it... We had five or six cameras at the shoot over multiple days of practice, so tons of footage to go through and piece together while editing. Then, after the first couple drafts, things had to be approved by the coaches and there were a few parts they wanted taken out because they didn't want to reveal crucial things that opponents could use against them. Then you have to re-edit and the cycle continues.