Interesting Recruiting Tidbit

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I think he's ours if we want him
Any reason we wouldn't want him?

In another thread a few posters were talking about how his recruiting had cooled quite a bit.
I haven't followed him or Dowling well enough to know why he fell so fast.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This has been a very odd recruitment. Anyone have any info on why he's seemed to cool off so much?

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Any reason we wouldn't want him?

In another thread a few posters were talking about how his recruiting had cooled quite a bit.
I haven't followed him or Dowling well enough to know why he fell so fast.

I've heard he hasn't impressed much his senior year. Also heard that several of the big boys recruiting him have cooled. Something about him lacking the fast twitch that coaches like on the D line. This is only what I'm hearing. I haven't ever seen him play except on video, where he seems to have plenty of fast twitch.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I've heard he hasn't impressed much his senior year. Also heard that several of the big boys recruiting him have cooled. Something about him lacking the fast twitch that coaches like on the D line. This is only what I'm hearing. I haven't ever seen him play except on video, where he seems to have plenty of fast twitch.
This is crazy to me, I wonder if this middle four star guys will potentially get lost a bit with the early signing period getting started 12-20-2017?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

In other words he isn't as explosive as previously thought.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I wonder if the truth might be somewhere in between these two rumors. He was waiting on ND to offer, and while he was waiting some of the other teams in the mix have cooled because they're finding that he's very good but isn't as explosive off the snap as they had thought. But I don't know. None of that explains why he didn't at least make a verbal commitment last summer while waiting on the ND call.

He's looked plenty fast enough to the QB in what little I saw him play, but maybe coaches watching tape of his senior season are doubting if he projects to the next level. It'll be interesting to see how his recruitment unfolds. It's a little odd that he's uncommitted this late in the process.

I'd respect a kid more for holding off on a verbal when they're really waiting on another offer.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I know most will disagree with me but I think that Rudy is one of the most overrated sports movies, ever. It's not terrible. It's just not that good or that inspirational.

It sucks except as a sport cliche to use in sports forums. :rolleyes:

I watched and was not inspired, I just thought sad idiot.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt