Interesting Walk-on Addition

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I wonder if he is a preferred walk on?

I would assume that's the case. CMC and staff are putting a focus on having a solid walk on program and I don't think you can stress enough how big of an asset that is. K-State and Iowa have been very successful in this department. Not sure how much success Nebraska has had with this over the last few years but they use to have a really good walk on program. It's literally and all reward and zero risk.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneFan4

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
And he isn't the only one - Charles Peeler chose to walk-on over offers from Toledo, Boston College and Hawaii
http://www.cyclones.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9514
This one is confusing to me, the kid was from DC area, BC is ACC school much closer to home, I know that program has fallen pretty equivalent to us, but maybe it is just coaching connection... That or the offer was early and go pulled late....

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This one is confusing to me, the kid was from DC area, BC is ACC school much closer to home, I know that program has fallen pretty equivalent to us, but maybe it is just coaching connection... That or the offer was early and go pulled late....

Especially when you consider our WR depth too. It will be VERY difficult for him to see any snaps here.

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa

Especially when you consider our WR depth too. It will be VERY difficult for him to see any snaps here.

He is from the same high school as DeAndre Payne, so maybe something there..
He is also listed with the DB's too just FYI

Even if offers were reneged - he still has offers at some point from some good schools - for him to walk on is amazing..even if he never cracks 2 deep, he will be a great scout team player for us..

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
And Bobby Denaro. He chose walk-on to ISU over UMASS and has been working as the center in that 2017 class.

http://cyclones.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9507

From Bobby Denaro's iSu profile: ". . . a standout in hockey, winning back-to-back Class 3A state hockey titles in 2015 and 2016, contributing 35 points as a defenseman . . ."

Anyone here know something about hockey? If BD is a hockey standout, does that say something about his leg strength and footwork . . . and athleticism?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
From Bobby Denaro's iSu profile: ". . . a standout in hockey, winning back-to-back Class 3A state hockey titles in 2015 and 2016, contributing 35 points as a defenseman . . ."

Anyone here know something about hockey? If BD is a hockey standout, does that say something about his leg strength and footwork . . . and athleticism?

If he's anything like the ISU club hockey players that were on my dorm floor back in the day, he'll have a good low center of gravity, he'll have a bit of a nasty streak to him and he will like to drink and fight .... a lot.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

... or dental needs? (To me, it says he's probably pretty tough).

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

I'm more confused by his hair.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored