Internet Service with wireless

cyking

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Boone
I got a flyer from Signature Wireless Internet. It provides rural areas
with line of sight microwave signal, from towers around central Iowa.
Has anyone tried this company, and is it very fast or reliable?
It sounds good for us with dialup service. Or would one of the cell phone companies be a better choice for high speed service? Thanks for the input.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Compare the pricing.

I just got a new wireless router that will run off of cable, or when it is down I can insert my Verizon card and it will run the router broadband. A little slower than cable,but it is a nice backup for when cable goes down.

Last edited:

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I haven't tried (or heard of) them, but if the price is comparable to a EVDO service ala Verizon or Sprint, it's probably not a horrible deal if you want broadband.

All else being equal, I'd probably prefer to have verizon or sprint, since you can take that on the road with you, but if you don't travel much, it's a pretty moot point.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
In the small town that I grew up in, they started offering a similar service about 6-8 years ago, but I think it was very expensive for very mediocre speeds. Of course things have probably improved dramatically in the tim since, but they're both using the same technology so it's hard to tell. If you have DSL or cable around as an option, I'm betting it's probably faster and cheaper - not to mention more reliable in snow or rain.