Intramural team names

JH4ISU

Mar 27, 2006
Des Moines, IA
one of my friends usually signs up our team for about every intramural and always comes up with crazy names, a few that come to mind that we have had...

-(your team name here) Eaters
-the fancy cashews
-Ostrich Headed Melon Squashers
-the fluffy pancake destroyers
-makin' bacon...(we had shirts with two pigs, well you know...and they actually let us wear them instead of the jerseys b/c we had #s

i am sure there have been more, that is off the top of my head...man...intramurals are AWESOME

bornacyclone

Oct 4, 2006
3 years ago my B League basketball team was...

$3 & a cell phone

Took that one to the championship game...then got smoked by a frat...

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Bye

That way, hopefully the other team doesn't show:biggrin9gp:

We had something sort of similar, for flag football our team was "It doesn't matter"

ref: "what's your team name?"
us: "it doesn't matter"
ref: "yes it does. I need to know the name for the scoresheet"
us: "it doesn't matter"

etc

CyTom

Mar 30, 2006
Des Moines
I think I played on a VEISHEA team called It Doesn't Matter. Clones_Jer are you in C.R.?

My favorites were Poultry in Motion and One Legged Hookers (bowling name)

ekim121

Apr 13, 2006
We always went with old faithful...

"Ignore TimeCube and you Shall Suffer Its Curse!!!"

as a corollary if you ever wanted a good laugh check out Time Cube

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
You had your professor on your team, right? Man, that game was a slaughter...

Yeah. But I think you were still chasing the one I hit at the beginning of the game by the time I rounded 3rd. Then when you back up I try to hard and strikeout, don't act like you weren't impressed. What position were you playing, were you the one who complemented me on my hit were you?

And I put us in B/C to be on the conservative side, I didn't know what our talent level was, obviously I know now and we are in D league.

And if anyone is on a men's team for intramurals and needs another guy or another good player let me know.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Yeah. But I think you were still chasing the one I hit at the beginning of the game by the time I rounded 3rd. Then when you back up I try to hard and strikeout, don't act like you weren't impressed. What position were you playing, were you the one who complemented me on my hit were you?

And I put us in B/C to be on the conservative side, I didn't know what our talent level was, obviously I know now and we are in D league.

And if anyone is on a men's team for intramurals and needs another guy or another good player let me know.

I was playing second. I was the one that had his hat fly off into the wind as I was standing on First Base. I don't remember if I complimented your hit or not, but it's possible.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I was playing second. I was the one that had his hat fly off into the wind as I was standing on First Base. I don't remember if I complimented your hit or not, but it's possible.

Alright, I was just seeing if I could get a visual ID of who who are, but I think I know now.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
If somebody could keep The Society of Yarn Enthusiasts going that would be awesome. Just graduated.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
i like the name off in the corner...so if you can say we beat off. well you get the point

Depending on the sport was what we were:

Broomball/Hockey: Off on the Ice
Football: Off in the Endzone
Basketball: Off in the Hoops
Softball: Off in the Dugout

Etc, etc... you could go on with this for every sport... always worked well...

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
in high school we were:
the fallopian freezer
Dr. Hoops Third Arm of Justice
Rabid Silverbacks
Team 2.5

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Back when my sense of humor was much more juvenile, we were "The One-Eyed Wonder Worms" in broomball. OK, I still chuckle to myself about it after all these years.

phantom04

Dec 13, 2006
For broomball last year, my team was The Kentucky Snowplow.

There's been some pretty good ones mentioned so far.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron