Invading Cincinnati

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Good afternoon Cyclones!
A group of us are heading to Cincinnati next week for the game and wanted any and all advice you can give. This will be our 3rd year in a row in attending an away game. We are staying in the the Over the Rhine area, so we will be a little ways away from the Bearcats stadium. Does anyone have specific insight on the tailgating situation? i.e. best lots to check out, bars in the area, etc. I have started googling but there isn't much out there.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Cy4Lifer

Dec 21, 2010
Hello! Currently live in Cincinnati- across the river in Covington. Not 100% on ‘tailgating’ but right by the stadium is lots of stadiums, restaurants, etc. all within walking distance.

If you need any OTR recommendations, let me know! Cincinnati is a GREAT city for food and breweries!
So, right by the stadium is “lots of stadiums”?

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Hello! Currently live in Cincinnati- across the river in Covington. Not 100% on ‘tailgating’ but right by the stadium is lots of stadiums, restaurants, etc. all within walking distance.

If you need any OTR recommendations, let me know! Cincinnati is a GREAT city for food and breweries!
Definitely interested in what you have for OTR area.

I did talk to someone that mentioned that a lot of places around the stadium offer parking the day of. They just aren't linked to the university so they don't advertise.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
So, right by the stadium is “lots of stadiums”?

817a4y.jpg

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

Ok. I'll bite: What does OTR mean?

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
We're heading over Thursday and staying like a block or so from the city. The wife booked us some kind of underground brewery tour Friday morning.
Other then that, I'll be exploring as much as possible.

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
Stadium is directly in the middle of campus. Short vine has an area for tailgating and is around many bars, have heard this is good but haven't been. The grid has lots of tailgating on campus next to stadium which is where I'll be. People will try to park on the top floor of parking garages and tailgate. Or hit up a bar in walking distance. Lots of options

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Good afternoon Cyclones!
A group of us are heading to Cincinnati next week for the game and wanted any and all advice you can give. This will be our 3rd year in a row in attending an away game. We are staying in the the Over the Rhine area, so we will be a little ways away from the Bearcats stadium. Does anyone have specific insight on the tailgating situation? i.e. best lots to check out, bars in the area, etc. I have started googling but there isn't much out there.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Turkeys can’t fly.

cyflier

Apr 13, 2006
Heading there as well with some college buddies. Anyone know where the ISU section is in the stadium? We still need to secure tickets.

cincy_cy2014

Jan 19, 2023
Definitely interested in what you have for OTR area.

I did talk to someone that mentioned that a lot of places around the stadium offer parking the day off. They just aren't linked to the university so they don't advertise.
1. Eagle - Fried chicken.
2. Che- Empanadas.
3. Sotto- Italian. Reservations will be hard to get but bar seating available.
4. Taft’s.
5. Pepp & Delores- Italian.
6. Knock back Nat’s- Sports bar with great wings.
7. Bakersfield- Mexican.

Between the Bengals stadium & Reds stadium is a big entertainment district (The Banks) with open drinking (DORA) - lots of options. If I were to eat there, it would Condado tacos.

If you venture across the river to Covington, Main Strauss has very very solid food & bar options.

I would skip Skyline Chili and opt for goetta. Cincinnati staple- excellent when hungover.

If you’d into bourbon, try OKBB (Covington) or Newberry Brothers (Newport). Also Party Source is a GIANT liquor store with every alcohol possible.

Message me if you need more suggestions! Lived here for about 6 years and very excited for Cyclones to be playing here often!

CinCY Clones

Oct 2, 2023
Local alumni sponsoring 2 gatherings game weekend:
Friday 10/13 6pm Rhinehaus 119 East 12th Street (Over the Rhine)
Saturday 10/14 930am Arlin's Bar 307 Ludlow Avenue (Clifton)

Saturday pre-game location has decent parking and is about a 20 minute walk to Nippert. As already stated not many traditional, parking lot tailgating spots at UC, but plenty of activity at nearby bars and in areas around the stadium

Some useful local info here: https://tinyurl.com/CinCYvisitorsguide

230925 Iowa State - UC Weekend FB.png

Icky_Mettle

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Ames
Purchased the $65 ones, not sure where those seats will be located versus the $45 ones. Also have not heard anything about when we will receive tickets.
Just called the ticket office, sounds like we should get an email by Thursday with the ticket info.

Reactions: Clones123