Iowa Beat Writers

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I love Murph and Andy but damn they are drooling over this dbag Hawk fan with a sign about being wrong.....
Somebody again tell me that KXNO is not biased.

How is that even a topic to be talking about? Some loser fan still crying a week later?

Reactions: carvers4math

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Somebody again tell me that KXNO is not biased.

How is that even a topic to be talking about? Some loser fan still crying a week later?
Because they have two hours to fill, and anything that can be tied to a local school is an easy target.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
If he was right, why is that egregious? Eickholt is the definition of a tool, but I'm not seeing why him reporting it is a big deal if he had the right information.

I say this a lot, but one of our biggest problems as a society is media literacy.

I was more lamenting just how smug he sounded. I get it, sometimes you gotta go for it if you trust your sources.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
According to Rivals, he is the #1 prospect in the state, has already visited TT, FSU, EIU, NCS and ISU. Lots of interests from all the major schools, Georgia, Alabama, OSU and the rest of them.
Kid is from Cedar Rapids and sounds like they are all big EIU fans, wonder what made him change his mind and recommit?

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
According to Rivals, he is the #1 prospect in the state, has already visited TT, FSU, EIU, NCS and ISU. Lots of interests from all the major schools, Georgia, Alabama, OSU and the rest of them.
Kid is from Cedar Rapids and sounds like they are all big EIU fans, wonder what made him change his mind and recommit?
Brian Ferentz getting fired?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Brian Ferentz getting fired?
I like to bag on EIU as much or more than the next guy, but I really doubt that Freerents kid getting fired had anything to do with this kid recommitting. Kid was an O lineman, and really would not be around the OC very much in practice at all. I read on the EIU board that he took a visit to TT with a couple of friends that Tech was recruiting and maybe he got down there and loved it or thought how great it would be to play with his friends.
I doubt if EIU pulled his offer, but they might have, Freerents has been back and forth on the issue, in the past it was a strict "NO" and if you do, they pulled their offer, but he then has allowed others to do it and still keep their EIU commitment. If I remember correctly, the kids that their offer was pulled did not inform the team that they were still taking visits, just did it. But who really knows anymore.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I like to bag on EIU as much or more than the next guy, but I really doubt that Freerents kid getting fired had anything to do with this kid recommitting. Kid was an O lineman, and really would not be around the OC very much in practice at all. I read on the EIU board that he took a visit to TT with a couple of friends that Tech was recruiting and maybe he got down there and loved it or thought how great it would be to play with his friends.
I doubt if EIU pulled his offer, but they might have, Freerents has been back and forth on the issue, in the past it was a strict "NO" and if you do, they pulled their offer, but he then has allowed others to do it and still keep their EIU commitment. If I remember correctly, the kids that their offer was pulled did not inform the team that they were still taking visits, just did it. But who really knows anymore.
Iowa is known to “pull their offer” when they believe a recruit is about to decommit to save face. That’s the Iowa way for you.

• Informative
  • Creative
Reactions: 1776 and cytor

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I saw him play twice. He was ok, Drew Campbell got the best of both meetings. This kid still has some catching up with his size to do. It would benefit him to lose weight as well.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not exactly beat writers, but absolutely a garbage sports segment by WHO13 tonight. Prefacing here that I love Keith Murphy and always have enjoyed his work.....

However, after he ran down the game tonight, they backtracked to show highlights of CC last night then made sure to remind everyone about the football and wrestling outcome vs. Iowa. Absolutely chicken ****.

8thfloor

Aug 3, 2021
Not exactly beat writers, but absolutely a garbage sports segment by WHO13 tonight. Prefacing here that I love Keith Murphy and always have enjoyed his work.....

However, after he ran down the game tonight, they backtracked to show highlights of CC last night then made sure to remind everyone about the football and wrestling outcome vs. Iowa. Absolutely chicken ****.
He always does that…can’t say anything good about ISU without saying something good about UI.

• Puke
Reactions: carvers4math