Iowa Beat Writers

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I'll take "Things you say if you don't have a family" for $200, Alex. What a putz. If it really was a family of little kids, I bet the parents were just getting a drink for themselves and they were out in 5 minutes. Probably the one thing the parents did for themselves all day vs the rest of the day dedicated to the kids.
The coffee shop I hit on Sunday mornings usually has a couple families with kids who go to the coffee shop after church or part of Sunday morning family breakfast routine. Mom & dad get their caffeine and kids get their hot chocolate or some type of smoothie.

And yes there are also people their working and studying.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Does anyone know if he has kids? I kind of sympathize because I used to be that douchebag that would get extremely annoyed by kids in restaurants and planes and whatnot (not enough to say anything on Twitter or in person, I’m not an idiot.) but that all completely changed when I had a kid. Doesn’t even remotely phase me at all now. The only thing I think of now is empathy for the parents or I think about what an ******* I used to be.

Gazette says he is married with two kids. He looks like an older version of neck beard. Just a horrible take by him.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Doc was on Miller nd Condon today just dancing around all of the reasons Cooper fell to the 2nd round.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Agreed. Anytime I see people trying to do work, they have noise cancelling headphones. It’s the only way to concentrate in public. Maybe he’s just too cheap to invest in a good pair of headphones?
He probably still carries a Sony Walkman around

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
A couple of things:

1. Chad L tweeted when the Iowa punter got drafted that he was the best defensive player on the board. That was clearly a dig at Tampa and Iowa State. Chad's a ******* *******.

2. Was the Dochterman tweet on Sunday? What kind of ******* expects a coffee house to be free of kids on a weekend? Like I might be surprised if a coffee house was full of kids on a week day and be slightly annoyed about not have quiet on a week day. But on a weekend? What exactly did he expect?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Oh my god anyone hear David Dickholt on KXNO? Just spending minutes whining and whining about how CC is treated....compared her to Tiger Woods, saying the WNBA isn't ready for her....insane

For some reason I'm fed a bunch of CC crap on twitter. And these were a few tweets yesterday:

1. Caitlin Clark assisted on 3 straight baskets!!!!

2. Caitlin Clark hit a 3 in practice!!!!

Are any of these things exciting?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
For some reason I'm fed a bunch of CC crap on twitter. And these were a few tweets yesterday:

1. Caitlin Clark assisted on 3 straight baskets!!!!

2. Caitlin Clark hit a 3 in practice!!!!

Are any of these things exciting?

If you're a CC/Iowa/Fever fan sure, to absolutely everyone else no, and a prime example of our CC burn out.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I would like to see Hali and CC play a game of make it take it to 15, If he was serious I'm pretty sure she would never score, even if she had the ball 1st.

• Dumb
Reactions: SolarGarlic

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Oh my god anyone hear David Dickholt on KXNO? Just spending minutes whining and whining about how CC is treated....compared her to Tiger Woods, saying the WNBA isn't ready for her....insane
You should see the Iowa fans react everytime Diana Taurasi is asked about CC. The Iowa fans go into attack mode on social media. I thought we had thin-skinned fans, but Iowa fans take thin-skinned to a whole new level.

Reactions: exCYtable

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron