Iowa Boys HS State Basketball

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Not exactly a display of class at the end of that game, by either team honestly.

NiceMarmot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2017
I have no problem with what Valley did after the Kennedy coach just wouldn’t admit defeat and was resorting to rule book tricks and shameful flopping when even if it worked, they still would have been down 4 with 0.5 seconds left. Loser behavior.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So basketball is pretty much the same as football with the big class, eastern Iowa team (i.e. Kennedy or Cedar Falls) glams up its record by playing crap schedule with 1 or 2 real teams, faces CIML team who played against a nuclear minefield all season, gets squashed.

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
So basketball is pretty much the same as football with the big class, eastern Iowa team (i.e. Kennedy or Cedar Falls) glams up its record by playing crap schedule with 1 or 2 real teams, faces CIML team who played against a nuclear minefield all season, gets squashed.

Thought I heard CRK beat Valley earlier in the year but no Stinson in that game. Wonder if there was previous heat from that game which led to the end of game shenanigans tonight.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Thought I heard CRK beat Valley earlier in the year but no Stinson in that game. Wonder if there was previous heat from that game which led to the end of game shenanigans tonight.

Had to be. Kennedy kept flopping unnecessarily towards the end of the game too. And those bald white guards from CRK looked like they would fit right in in Hawkeye culture. Good job Tigers.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What happened at end of valley game?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
What happened at end of valley game?
Both teams were getting chippy. Valley had the game won with just a few seconds left, up by multiple possessions, and Kennedy's coach was whining to the refs and there was a technical on Kennedy for something with .5 seconds left, just a bunch of unnecessary garbage with the game decided. Kennedy players were ridiculously flopping trying to get a bogus call. Then after it was over Valley dude dunked it and they ran to their student section to celebrate, I think a Kennedy kid was chirping at the Valley coach (not 100% on that). Just stupid drama.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Both teams were getting chippy. Valley had the game won with just a few seconds left, up by multiple possessions, and Kennedy's coach was whining to the refs and there was a technical on Kennedy for something with .5 seconds left, just a bunch of unnecessary garbage with the game decided. Kennedy players were ridiculously flopping trying to get a bogus call. Then after it was over Valley dude dunked it and they ran to their student section to celebrate, I think a Kennedy kid was chirping at the Valley coach (not 100% on that). Just stupid drama.
Thank you sir.