Iowa Chops Home Opener & Tailgate

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
Tomorrow night is the Iowa Chops home opener against the Peoria "We've got a Floater!" Rivermen. If you are a hockey fan, or a novice let me state that there has never been better talent on the ice in central Iowa than this year. These are bigger, harder hitting skaters who never back away from a fight. The preseason series against the Quad City Baby-Flames totaled no less than 14 scraps.

The Iowa Chops roster includes the #2 overall pick in the 2005 draft Bobby Ryan who went right behind Penguins star Sidney Crosby. This RW is a great player who by salary cap circumstances is playing in Iowa. I am confident in the fact that he will not be here very long.

The game starts at 7:05.

I will be there early tailgating with my friends from Scooter & Bab's. They are getting underway at 4 at their tailgating bus "THE CHOPPA" in the southeast corner of the WFA parking lot.

The "Official" Chops tailgate is nearby on Crocker Street between 2nd and 3rd on the North side of Wells Fargo Arena beginning at 5pm. The event will feature food, fun, a live band, radio stations, beer, and much more! The first 250 in to the game will receive a free pork chop on a stick.

It's hockey season in Iowa! Before tuning in for the ISU / Baylor game help the Chops send Peoria up the river on Friday night.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
not_excited.jpg

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
I will give you one thing, you love your hockey!

Well, I believe that the state of Iowa _SHOULD_ be a hot bed of hockey. We have the appropriate climate and gene pool. Kids should be playing pick up games on farm ponds in January.

I am not really sure that there is an understanding about what a big thing AHL hockey is. Des Moines is among much larger cities like Milwaukee, Chicago, Houston, & Cleveland with AHL squads.

I think that is very special, and I am overjoyed at the fact that a very lame & poorly managed Iowa Stars team packed it up and left. It was the least amount of fun I had watching guys who make six-figure salaries. I am confident that there will be a marked difference between the product on the ice this year and the previous years.

I love games, I want the franchise to succeed but mostly I want to clue some of my friends on CycloneFanatic in on a very very entertaining option for their free time.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Well, I believe that the state of Iowa _SHOULD_ be a hot bed of hockey. We have the appropriate climate and gene pool. Kids should be playing pick up games on farm ponds in January.

I am not really sure that there is an understanding about what a big thing AHL hockey is. Des Moines is among much larger cities like Milwaukee, Chicago, Houston, & Cleveland with AHL squads.

I think that is very special, and I am overjoyed at the fact that a very lame & poorly managed Iowa Stars team packed it up and left. It was the least amount of fun I had watching guys who make six-figure salaries. I am confident that there will be a marked difference between the product on the ice this year and the previous years.

I love games, I want the franchise to succeed but mostly I want to clue some of my friends on CycloneFanatic in on a very very entertaining option for their free time.

I agree. I take so many first timers to different games, whether it be AHL, NHL or ISU, and they always have fun. It's not that different of a style of game as football and other contact sports. I honestly don't get why so many don't give it a chance.... Then again, I am from Minnesota..

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron