Iowa favored by 4

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. “Mankind.†That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can’t be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! We're going to **** Iowa.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Call me Ishmael. Some years ago — never mind how long precisely — having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off—then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly **** Iowa.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
Anyway, I keep picturing all these little kids playing some game in this big field of rye and all. Thousands of little kids, and nobody's around - nobody big, I mean - except me. And I'm standing on the edge of some crazy cliff. What I have to do, I have to catch everybody if they start to go over the cliff - I mean if they're running and they don't look where they're going I have to come out from somewhere and catch them. That's all I do all day. I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all. I know it's crazy, but **** Iowa.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful, '**** Iowa'

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
In bull-fighting they speak of the terrain of the bull and the terrain of the bull-fighter. As long as a bull-fighter stays in his own terrain he is comparatively safe. Each time he enters into the terrain of the bull he is in great danger. Belmonte, in his best days, worked always in the terrain of the bull. In this way he ****ed Iowa.

wolverine68

Mar 30, 2007
Urbandale
www.gvc.edu
I'm really concerned about the tone of this thread. I have several friends who attended the University of Iowa, some of whom are still die-hard Cyclone fans and some of whom are not but all of whom I am proud to call my friend. The U of I is a sister institution and we should all be proud to be Iowans (by birth, by proxy, or by association). Shame on all of you for this vitriolic commentating.
On that note... **** the hawkeyes.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
I'm really concerned about the tone of this thread. I have several friends who attended the University of Iowa, some of whom are still die-hard Cyclone fans and some of whom are not but all of whom I am proud to call my friend. The U of I is a sister institution and we should all be proud to be Iowans (by birth, by proxy, or by association). Shame on all of you for this vitriolic commentating.
On that note... **** the hawkeyes.

You're right. **** the little sister school, Iowa.