Iowa Football Recruiting

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Iowa will recruit to the end if they are the guys they want. Think Alaric Jackson, Noah Fant, Trey Creamer, Smith-Marsette in the last couple years.

If Iowa thinks they have a legit shot, they keep after them. They don't typically let recruits just jerk them around tho. If you tell them you are gonna sign in Dec I could see them moving on if you were just holding out for a better offer. As always it will be a case by case thing. Iowa will continue after some and cut ties with others.

What? Jackson, Creamer and Marsette all committied to Iowa literally hours before Signing Day. This has nothing to do with my point.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
What? Jackson, Creamer and Marsette all committied to Iowa literally hours before Signing Day. This has nothing to do with my point.

Sure it matters. You don't think Iowa has other kids waiting to offer and sign them if those guys all picked someone else? Iowa literally waiting til almost the last minute for these guys and they will do the same moving forward even
With the new rules.

Maybe you meant something different than that, but that is what I took you to be saying, that Iowa will just not wait on any kids if they don't sign on dec 20th.

FrostyMitchellMilitia

Jan 27, 2017
Chicago
Which might be the dumbest thing in the history of recruiting
You really have no idea what you are talking about.....why don't you just stick to talking about the clone recruiting policies. I mean the shotgun offer approach is already paying dividends - ISU has two kickers already committed for 2018. I hope they stick though....that could be an issue if you don't have a policy that somehow reinforces or verifies that their commitments are just that......and not a one-sided place holder in-case either (or both) find a better opportunity. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

• Disagree
Reactions: CyTwins

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Sure it matters. You don't think Iowa has other kids waiting to offer and sign them if those guys all picked someone else? Iowa literally waiting til almost the last minute for these guys and they will do the same moving forward even
With the new rules.

Maybe you meant something different than that, but that is what I took you to be saying, that Iowa will just not wait on any kids if they don't sign on dec 20th.

No, what I was saying is Iowa may move on from kids that have verbally committed before 12/20 but do not sign the LOI on the early signing dates.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Minnesota landed Noah Shannon last night who was a priority recruit for Iowa. Fleck is going to get a lot of players with his up to date recruiting style

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Minnesota landed Noah Shannon last night who was a priority recruit for Iowa. Fleck is going to get a lot of players with his up to date recruiting style

All of our offers are priority recruits, not going to land all of them. We are still in fine shape along the D-line.

Lovie has only landed the 25th and 27th ranked kids in Illinois so far in 2018. I dont think he will be there long.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All of our offers are priority recruits, not going to land all of them. We are still in fine shape along the D-line.

Lovie has only landed the 25th and 27th ranked kids in Illinois so far in 2018. I dont think he will be there long.

Makes sense why Brian is worried about ISU, Minnesota and Nebraska and not Illinois.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017

Fleck is a good recruiter. He got Noah, we stole Creamer and Smith Marsette from him last year. He will get some guys Iowa wants just like Michigan will, MsU, Wisconsin and even ISU will. Take Downing for instance I fully expect him to go to ISU.

Reactions: MVCchamps

MVCchamps

May 1, 2017

Is that why two players de-committed from PJ and signed with Iowa in February? Or did this "up to date recruiting style" you talk about just start this week?

CyclONE Nation

Mar 16, 2017
Do you think Iowa fans would post here if clone fans didn't obsess? Take your coaches lead and maybe Iowa fans won't find any joy in posting here.

Yes I do think you would still post here, you seem to be really confrontational. I don't think you find joy in posting here, maybe some jealousy due to our up to date recruiting style?

• Agree
Reactions: rholtgraves