Iowa Football Recruiting

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Oh God you think the no visit policy is good too @dexterhawk? Lol you guys are too much
Haven't thought about it....I know they've tweaked the policy a bit after the Eno thing...

Iowa's recruiting classes have gotten better each of the last 4 years so I'm not worried either way....

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I don't know how many guys they've missed out on because Kirk wouldn't let them commit or stay committed. Probably a ton. You don't have to agree with me. I think the no visit policy certainly hurts them but if you guys like it have at it

So you have no idea what prospects they have missed out on but guess its hurting them 10 or so spots per year in the rankings?

Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So you have no idea what prospects they have missed out on but guess its hurting them 10 or so spots per year in the rankings?

Correct. If Fran brought in a good recruiter on his staff I bet they would improve a lot too and I have no idea what prospects they would be getting. It's just common sense

• Funny
Reactions: YeahBuddy

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Don't know the specifics, I remember it being discussed a couple years ago.....anyway, hasn't been an issue since the Eno class so I think it's pretty reasonable to assume they've made a change in at least how they present it to the recruits.

I think there was some misunderstandings in the Eno thing and the two coaches responsible for recruiting him (can't remember the names, I'm old) are no longer on the staff.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Probably the leader at this point. Recommits are rare but we have a real chance here. The family loves Iowa and his older cousin is part of Iowa's 2018 class.

Really respect the maturity Larry has shown to this point. He understood KF's policy and decommitted so he could look around a bit and not lose his offer.

Hawks have that I-80 pipeline to Chicago suburbs. Easy 3-3 1/2 hr drive to Iowa City for athlete and family.

Chicagoland FB players rarely think about Champaign, Ill. as a destination. - out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

Plus nearly 30% of U of Iowa students are from Illinois. Easy drive to IC., Plus Chicago suburbia moms and dads who see their kids failing to qualify into U of Wisconsin, U of Illinois, notre Dame, Indiana U, always fall back on the U of Iowa as a stop-gap destination for their high school grads.......aka "saving face"

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Don't know the specifics, I remember it being discussed a couple years ago.....anyway, hasn't been an issue since the Eno class so I think it's pretty reasonable to assume they've made a change in at least how they present it to the recruits.

I think there was some misunderstandings in the Eno thing and the two coaches responsible for recruiting him (can't remember the names, I'm old) are no longer on the staff.

Didn't Larry Tracy decommit because of the policy? I thought that's what Buddy said

• Disagree

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Didn't Larry Tracy decommit because of the policy? I thought that's what Buddy said
Not really the same thing. Eno apparently wanted to keep the visits on the down low and was essentially told to take a hike.

Tracy reopened his recruitment and Iowa would welcome him back if he so chooses.

Don't really see them as the same

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not really the same thing. Eno apparently wanted to keep the visits on the down low and was essentially told to take a hike.

Tracy reopened his recruitment and Iowa would welcome him back if he so chooses.

Don't really see them as the same

Didn't Tracy reopen his recruitment so he could take other visits or am I off here?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What is the reason for the hok hate on the boat rower? I see haterade spilled on him by hok fans pretty often, I'm genuinely curious.
I dont even know what "boat rower" is.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
Didn't Tracy reopen his recruitment so he could take other visits or am I off here?

Why do guys usually open their recruitment? Yes, he is taking other visits and was back at Iowa last Friday for the open spring practice. He decommitted before taking visits to other schools. His cousin is in the incoming Iowa class that will be on campus this summer.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
That is Fleck's catch phrase "Row the Boat" that he has trademarked and won a fight with Western Michigan to keep it. he even had boat oars put on the Minnesota helmet to promote his catch phrase. He is like TV sitcom coach.

One of the first interviews he gave after taking the job was between quarters at a T-Wolves game. The reporter started the interview by asking him how he was doing. His response........”Elite”

******* d bag.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Hawks have that I-80 pipeline to Chicago suburbs. Easy 3-3 1/2 hr drive to Iowa City for athlete and family.

Chicagoland FB players rarely think about Champaign, Ill. as a destination. - out-of-sight, out-of-mind.

Plus nearly 30% of U of Iowa students are from Illinois. Easy drive to IC., Plus Chicago suburbia moms and dads who see their kids failing to qualify into U of Wisconsin, U of Illinois, notre Dame, Indiana U, always fall back on the U of Iowa as a stop-gap destination for their high school grads.......aka "saving face"

What am I missing with this post? Larry Tracy is from Indianapolis.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
That's correct from what I know. I think the difference is he was open about it and is still welcome back if he so chooses.

Not going to debate this to death but I think it makes sense that if a recruit wants to take more visits he shouldn't "commit"....take all the visits you want and then make a decision.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
That's correct from what I know. I think the difference is he was open about it and is still welcome back if he so chooses.

Not going to debate this to death but I think it makes sense that if a recruit wants to take more visits he shouldn't "commit"....take all the visits you want and then make a decision.

I think making a kid decommit to take visits is pretty silly but I'm glad Kirk sticks with it

• Disagree

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
That is Fleck's catch phrase "Row the Boat" that he has trademarked and won a fight with Western Michigan to keep it. he even had boat oars put on the Minnesota helmet to promote his catch phrase. He is like TV sitcom coach.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fdemetriusbell%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F02%2FMinnesota-football-2.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: YeahBuddy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron