Iowa Football Recruiting

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Look at the strength of schedule and conference results in bowl games for starters. I would bet that if Iowa did not lose last second to PSU there would be no weird argument here. I said both teams were equal with a slight edge to Iowa when looking at all of the results from actual sources and head to head.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Rivals also shows the results support tha KFs recruiting policy is currently not below CMs. It is better according to them also.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Rivals also shows the results support tha KFs recruiting policy is currently not below CMs. It is better according to them also.
Question. If KF has perennially better recruiting classes, yet has equal accomplishments to MC in a season, how does that speak to each of their coaching abilities?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
As a factual person can you not see that Iowa did win at ISU? what does an end of the year ranking have to do with that? look at it more in depth or please keep relying on ESPN and the like to educate you on sports knowledge.

Congrats on your Super Bowl win. Non biased people thought ISU was better though

• Disagree
Reactions: breck53

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
As a factual person can you not see that Iowa did win at ISU? what does an end of the year ranking have to do with that? look at it more in depth or please keep relying on ESPN and the like to educate you on sports knowledge.

So glad to read that you agree that Iowa State was the better football team every year the Clones beat Iowa

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Look at the strength of schedule and conference results in bowl games for starters. I would bet that if Iowa did not lose last second to PSU there would be no weird argument here. I said both teams were equal with a slight edge to Iowa when looking at all of the results from actual sources and head to head.

Funny how they took down OSU and then go on the road and crap on themselves at Wisky. I think with that loss (38-14), it also hurt their credibility along with the last second loss to PSU.

ISU was in all their games, except maybe the Texas game due to Park's attitude (me first, team second).

• Disagree
Reactions: breck53

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Kind of like how Iowa State lost last second to OSU and had the K-State game stolen away? Freakin typical hawkeye/B1G fan trying to hang their hat on how the conference performed in bowl season.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So Iowa State was better in 2002. Glad we cleared that up

Not what I said. I said same record means I viewed both teams equally, strength of schedule, conference record in bowls, and head to head put Iowa over the top instead of relying on a AP or Coaches poll where everyone put ISU up there because it was their best season in maybe their history and they beat 2 good teams. That is why ISU was ranked higher. Not because they were better than Iowa. It is subjective at best if you want to get real.

2002 the records clearly make out who the best team was.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
And Since this is about Iowa recruiting in general, can someone explain how Kirks policy is terrible but yet he still out recruits Campbell every year according to 247 and Rivals?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not what I said. I said same record means I viewed both teams equally, strength of schedule, conference record in bowls, and head to head put Iowa over the top instead of relying on a AP or Coaches poll where everyone put ISU up there because it was their best season in maybe their history and they beat 2 good teams. That is why ISU was ranked higher. Not because they were better than Iowa. It is subjective at best if you want to get real.

2002 the records clearly make out who the best team was.

giphy.webp

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
And Since this is about Iowa recruiting in general, can someone explain how Kirks policy is terrible but yet he still out recruits Campbell every year according to 247 and Rivals?
Kirk's legendary, big-time program proabbly gets the "Alabama Star Bonus" upon receiving commits. On the other hand, ISU commits get downgraded after committing.

We're just not "big-time" enough. Doing more with less, great coaching!

Help Support Us

Become a patron