Iowa Football Recruiting

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
He also had offers from North Carolina and Wake Forest fwiw. He's not listed on the Iowa roster because he's not on the Iowa roster. He's a senior in high school.
I'm not used to their roster process, but they have their 2024-25 roster showing without him. Guessing it's just because he's not officially enrolled yet and that's the kick-start for how Iowa runs their roster page. I know schools treat the future roster list differently.

Regardless, just like you see in basketball with guys like Omaha and Xavier - stars don't mean anything until the productivity presents itself on the field/court. He seems to have some decent traits and HS stats so he could certainly have a high upside. Seems to be the most dynamic of their short-term options.

Will be interesting to see if the rumors of Lincoln Kienholz transferring and being a legit option pans out.

Last edited:

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Who cares how he is rated now? There is a natural regression that occurs in a KF offense. Joe labas was a 4 star as well. How did that work out for UI?
Sure. Lots of players of all star rankings don’t pan out. I generally am more interested in their offer lists than number of stars.

I was only correcting Jer who called him a two star. I’m not particularly high on Resar myself but he’s a better option in Lester’s offense than BF’s.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Sure. Lots of players of all star rankings don’t pan out. I generally am more interested in their offer lists than number of stars.

I was only correcting Jer who called him a two star. I’m not particularly high on Resar myself but he’s a better option in Lester’s offense than BF’s.
Fair. Who would you like to see UI bring in as a QB now?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
they even gave him all the snaps with the 1's instead of letting the Sophomore QB! So they delayed development of one QB, their "starter is still unable to move, and their current #1 is out...all the while not going after any QBs in the portal...what a massive fumbling of the off-season for Iowa.
Their offense was complicated, so maybe this one is easy.

• Agree
Reactions: DBQR4CY

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Sullivan is probably my favorite option out of what’s available now. I would have loved for them to get Grayson McCall for this scheme.
Listened to 2GNC yesterday, and Hassel was really hoping they would end up with Schee or Schlee from UCLA or Evers from WI

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Listened to 2GNC yesterday, and Hassel was really hoping they would end up with Schee or Schlee from UCLA or Evers from WI
I wouldn’t jump at either of those two. Schlee would be okay but I’d prefer Sullivan. Evers, no thanks, I’m always leery of a guy who’s transferring for a 3rd time without any playing time at the first two stops.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
“Appears “ the new OC may be tampering with the QB at NW, kid he recruited while he was a HC…. Now, he magically entered portal same day Hill did . Scum Sukeyes
Now that the Swarm doesnt have to pay to feed Deacon Hill, there may be quite a bit of NIL for this NW kid

• Haha
Reactions: irish

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I heard or saw that EIU is still over the 85 player limit by 3 or 4 players, when asked about it Saturday, Freerents stated that it will work its way out in the end. They have until August to get down to 85 players on scholarship, so they must expect a few more players to either give up playing or enter the portal.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
I heard or saw that EIU is still over the 85 player limit by 3 or 4 players, when asked about it Saturday, Freerents stated that it will work its way out in the end. They have until August to get down to 85 players on scholarship, so they must expect a few more players to either give up playing or enter the portal.
cf03fcbc-8360-468e-addc-a81abbddc0d6_text.gif