Iowa Football Recruiting

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I doubt that. Even though this isn’t very impressive, Iowa needs bodies in the WR room and they probably aren’t very many WRs’ first pick. I like this pickup as he has some potential and is the kind of guy Iowa needs at the moment.
Any idea if he was hurt last year. Appears he only played in 1 game (1 catch for 11 yds).

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Dont think you have to say it. Who plays for that offense for free?
Well everyone on the team gets some NIL if they opt in to the Swarm. If he got a separate “corporate” arm NIL deal I’d be surprised. Typically if they did, they’ll tweet out a mention.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Hawk fans are so dumb. They always get their hopes up and ol grandpa does what he always does.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Your offense is a national joke. Literally.

You can brag about your 10 wins, but nationally, your team is a joke.
Offense certainly they have been. But overall the team is thought well of. Some are saying a dark horse CFP berth candidate. It’ll be interesting if Lester can the offense to at least below average (top 75-100).

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I wonder how they are going to get down to the 85 player limit by August. Are they going to start pulling scholarships or is there that many injured players that are going to be placed on that list. Their fan base is floating the idea that NIL will pick up the tab for the player to attend school instead of the scholarship, but not sure how that would be legal and if so, then why doesn't UT and other large money schools use this route to have 120 players?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
No as ISU does beat Iowa. I was referring to the B1G legacy teams. Not that they would considere OSU, or Michigan as a legacy team. Bottom feeders to help the win total in the B1G.
Iowa has beaten ISU 7 out of 8, 8 out of ten, 11 out of 15 and 14 out of the last 20. Iowa has probably beaten those legacy teams you speak about at either the same or even worse clip than that.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Iowa has beaten ISU 7 out of 8, 8 out of ten, 11 out of 15 and 14 out of the last 20. Iowa has probably beaten those legacy teams you speak about at either the same or even worse clip than that.

But yet Iowa has skirted around the OSU and Michigan how many times in the last 20? Don't hurt your arm from patting yourself on the back.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
I wonder how they are going to get down to the 85 player limit by August. Are they going to start pulling scholarships or is there that many injured players that are going to be placed on that list. Their fan base is floating the idea that NIL will pick up the tab for the player to attend school instead of the scholarship, but not sure how that would be legal and if so, then why doesn't UT and other large money schools use this route to have 120 players?
They are either 3 or 4 over. I’m certain there are several teams at that level or more over. I’m hearing the most likely scenario is what you alluded to, COVID super seniors getting NIL money to make up the difference on a scholarship loss. It’s a weird thing to be hung up on though with where we’re at in college sports today.

• Dumb
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Help Support Us

Become a patron