Iowa juco recruit

Feb 11, 2009
iowa
I just heard Iowa landed a athletic juco recruit. Devon Archie.
he is suppose to be pretty good. anybody know much about him?? like how he compares to dendy?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Nah, you couldn't have heard he's good. Because according to the Iowa experts here, he'll ride the pine, as he's horrible.

Edit: Thanks Monty - you beat me to the punch.

Feb 11, 2009
iowa
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHXfj8-lfCk]YouTube - Devon Archie gettin shitted on by a white boy![/ame]
this is hopefully what he is like

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Nah, you couldn't have heard he's good. Because according to the Iowa experts here, he'll ride the pine, as he's horrible.

totally off topic but your freakin avatar still makes me laugh out loud:biglaugh::biglaugh: poor dog hahaha

Reactions: SplitIdentity

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

I talked to a buddy of mine today who has been a part of the Iowa basketball team for the past 4 years. 2 w/ Alford and 2 w/ Lick. He said and I quote, "I like Lick and like the staff. They are nice people and good coaches and have treated me well. But I don't know if they can get it done. They are content on recruiting Horizon league players. All we keep hearing about is doing it the Butler way. There isn't one guy coming in next year that is going to make an impact in the Big 10. We need better athletes and players."

No lie

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I talked to a buddy of mine today who has been a part of the Iowa basketball team for the past 4 years. 2 w/ Alford and 2 w/ Lick. He said and I quote, "I like Lick and like the staff. They are nice people and good coaches and have treated me well. But I don't know if they can get it done. They are content on recruiting Horizon league players. All we keep hearing about is doing it the Butler way. There isn't one guy coming in next year that is going to make an impact in the Big 10. We need better athletes and players."

No lie

That just gave me a little warm fuzzy. Thanks!

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota

No lie

Yeah, I bet an Iowa player/towel boy said that.

I spoke to Brackins today. He said he's transferring to Drake next season, because he wants to keep up the tradition of the best ISU players leaving when it counts.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
averaged 7 points and 6 rebs per game in JUCO. thats about all i know.

Dendy averaged 8.3 points and 6 rebs per game as a freshman in JUCO, but as most know missed nearly the entire season with injury this year.

based off that i would say that Dendy is the better player if he is healthy. Also Dendy was a 4* out of HS while Archie wasnt even listed by rivals.

Feb 11, 2009
iowa

No lie

hopfully this is correct

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006

No lie

Heard the exact same thing couple months after the hire...

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
averaged 7 points and 6 rebs per game in JUCO. thats about all i know.

Dendy averaged 8.3 points and 6 rebs per game as a freshman in JUCO, but as most know missed nearly the entire season with injury this year.

based off that i would say that Dendy is the better player if he is healthy. Also Dendy was a 4* out of HS while Archie wasnt even listed by rivals.

So, he averaged 8.3 and 6 per game? AGAINST JUCO COMPETITION? According to 99% of the posters here, he's automatically garbage then. Afterall, Archie averaged that too. Nevermind the fact he was injured much of the year last year.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
So, he averaged 8.3 and 6 per game? AGAINST JUCO COMPETITION? According to 99% of the posters here, he's automatically garbage then. Afterall, Archie averaged that too. Nevermind the fact he was injured much of the year last year.
umm did you read the ******* post you moron??? that was his first year in juco. Archie's first year in juco he averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds. If Dendy was heathly this year he would have put up much better numbers. and Archie played in 30 games this year, must not have been hurting to bad ehh??

read the post and get some ******* information before you try to talk ****.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Yeah, I bet an Iowa player/towel boy said that.

I spoke to Brackins today. He said he's transferring to Drake next season, because he wants to keep up the tradition of the best ISU players leaving when it counts.

Believe what you want. This was my roommate 3 years ago while I lived in IC. Great guy who is loves the Hawks and drinks the black and gold koolaid. But he is obviously frustrated w/ where they are at.

He spent more time at Carver Hawkeye the last 4 years than the coaches did. He has seen the players come and go the past 4 years and he nows that the talent they have coming in is the worst they have had coming in since he has been there

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006

No lie

I believe you, but it sounds like almost the same thing could be said for McDermott. It sounds like that is changing, though.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Believe what you want. This was my roommate 3 years ago while I lived in IC. Great guy who is loves the Hawks and drinks the black and gold koolaid. But he is obviously frustrated w/ where they are at.

He spent more time at Carver Hawkeye the last 4 years than the coaches did. He has seen the players come and go the past 4 years and he nows that the talent they have coming in is the worst they have had coming in since he has been there

Heard any rumors about couple guys that were thinking about transferring?

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I believe you, but it sounds like almost the same thing could be said for McDermott. It sounds like that is changing, though.
Touche...Mac has had one more year than Lick...Both programs went 15-17...neither is great, but which position would you rather be in if you could choose?