Iowa self- violation reporting

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Saw where TOE reporting recruiting violation on Proctor, but no mention of coaching contact's name. Wonder if it was BF or Ferentz's SIL, those cheating mthfkrs.

Reactions: exCYtable

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
IMO this is a non-story as much as I hate the hox. Of course they kept in touch with the kid as they were hoping to bring him back. This happens all the time and I wouldn’t be shocked if our coaches did the same now and then. Can guarantee our players are getting contacted by other programs as well

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It seems pretty rich, that the Iowa Football Recruiting Director would just send a kind-hearted "hope you are doing well" text in the middle of a tough season. I'm sure there were no ulterior movies whatsoever.

Just a random text. I’m sure this was the first and only contact between them. I’m sure this recruiting coordinator had the phone numbers of all sorts of D1 players on other teams.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Honestly, if our staff isn't doing similar stuff I'd be a bit disappointed (and shocked). In the era of the transfer portal you need to keep a relationship with kids you recruited well after they've committed elsewhere.

The only part of this that might be a story is Proctor having a dumb enough moment to mention it while being interviewed.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This is probably happening all over college sports these days. These coaches sometimes spend years developing relationships with these kids they are trying to recruit and it's no surprise that they might still keep in touch even if they go to another school as they got to know them on a personal level leading up to that. Proctor is the one that kind of slipped up when he mentioned this earlier so Iowa is just being reactive by reporting it now since it's now out there and probably would be looked into regardless. Honestly don't see it as a big deal. Unless there is more too it where they were already talking about transferring during the season the intent would be hard to prove over just "hope you are doing well."

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
The NCAA isn't even going to care about this given their other ongoing battles here recently.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
This is a big nothing but Tyler Barnes can't help but keep doing stupid ****.

That's kind of where I'm at. I'm sure it's not some huge deal, but also a tremendously stupid thing for someone who should know the tampering rules as well as anyone out there to do.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Someone must be snooping around and pressing the issue or I don't know why they would even admit they did it.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Someone must be snooping around and pressing the issue or I don't know why they would even admit they did it.
Proctor mentioned in an interview that Iowa had reached out to him when he wasn't playing great and it meant a lot to him. It caught a fair amount of national attention, so I assume Goetz felt the need to get out in front of any NCAA investigation(s).