Iowa St picked 3rd in Big 12 by coaches

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
SLVCWSRULCWKHAD.20151015132555.jpg

Deonte and Naz should have switched spots. Naz looks tiny and Deonte looks huge.

Monte's shoes lol. Also looks like Hallice is wearing orange shoes. Oregon State gear?

Ernst looks pretty huge, too. I can see why several have compared him to Homan.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
The OU and ISU games this year will be epic. I can see them being second due to fewer question marks and Hield is a heckuva player.

If Prohm has a positive influence on defense and maintains offense we will just need to avoid bad losses and protect home court to possibley steal the title, but an easy road it will not be.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Agree mostly top to bottom.

-Switch ISU and OU (if only because the teams are mostly the same as last year and ISU won 2 of 3)
-Switch KSU and TCU. I see KSU being horrible.
-Switch Baylor and Texas

Such a crap shoot as to who goes where, I realize, but I'd bet anyone here that West Virginia will finish in the top 5. Not a Huggie-lover at all, but Staten or not, I think they will be tough as nails again.

DFW2012

Oct 13, 2015
Texas
[sarcasm font]
Congrats to my Frogs for their highest-ever Big 12 preseason poll position! T-8th! T-8th! T-8th!
[/sarcasm font]

Thought the Frogs were going to have a decent shot at being a convincing step above Tech and K-State this year and more of a threat to challenge for some wins to get in the 6th-7th place position in the Big 12 to make a case for the NIT. But, man, losing our returning F Kenrich Williams is an absolute killer. I'll settle for baby steps--if we can beat Tech and K-State 2x and get a couple more Big 12 home wins in the new arena, I'll be pleased. One thing I can say about last year is that even with everything--absolute inability to shoot free throws, playing "home" games in (literally) a high school gym, and going from undefeated in non-con to losses on losses in the Big 12, our coach kept the team motivated and fighting to the very end of games. TCU is just a couple recruits and an injury-free offseason away from being competitive. Hopefully the new arena will help recruiting and we can set up 2016-17 to be a year the Frogs can emerge as at least an average Big 12 squad.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The OU and ISU games this year will be epic. I can see them being second due to fewer question marks and Hield is a heckuva player.

If Prohm has a positive influence on defense and maintains offense we will just need to avoid bad losses and protect home court to possibley steal the title, but an easy road it will not be.

Think they'll pull that floor-slapping crap again?

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Yeah, I did the math too. No way for OU to have 70, and ISU 68....Need MRed on this....

There are 9 votes for each team, but ten votes for each ranking. ISU was voted second 3 times.

Looks like everyone voted Ku #1, and ISU or OU #2 or #3. ISU, KU, and OU don't vote for themselves and they cast #3 votes for UT, BU, or WVU.
It looks like there are 5 tiers here.
KU

OU
ISU

UT
BU
WVU

OSU

KSU
TCU
TTU

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
If Prohm's defensive and rebounding emphasis adds a few points in key games . . . we are likely to have a few more wins.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
There a lot of teams with question marks heading into the season but the top 3 are absolutely loaded. I look for UT to be potentially in the mix with that top 3, WV and Baylor will be the next tier, after that, who knows. I think we'll have tourney teams.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Have us at 7 in their top 25 so guessing probably not.
He meant the USA Today sports writer, not the poll. The USA today poll is from the coaches. Meanwhile, a USA Today writer will make their picks and write an article about them later.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Every coach would vote for their own team all the time. I'm sure you would even have Trent Johnson voting for his own team.
Yeah, I agree. Taking away that option gives you the most realistic views of the predicted team standings.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron