Iowa State CB Commit Arnold Azunna a Steal

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Good comments on Arnold. But put me in the camp that prefers our verbal commitments stay under the radar. Last thing we need is press talking about how some of our commits are "steals" with months to go before signing date and a staff in jeopardy of turning over.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Good comments on Arnold. But put me in the camp that prefers our verbal commitments stay under the radar. Last thing we need is press talking about how some of our commits are "steals" with months to go before signing date and a staff in jeopardy of turning over.

Yeah I'm sure a lot of schools recruit based on media reports.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Nice piece. As with almost all of our commits (and signees), there's always a chance that they are a "steal". Of course, that ranges from guys like Nigel Tribune to Ken Lynn. Having watched ISU recruiting for almost forty years now, I'll cheerfully wait to see how he pans out.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
So, in the video, he says he wants to be successful on AND off the field. . .

I'm waiting for the video of a recruit that says "I want to be successful on the field. I could care less about academics." :spinny:

CycloneTJS

Jan 29, 2009
Cedar Rapids
I'm not sure he will be able to adapt to our defense - he plays WAY TOO CLOSE to the opponents receivers. Needs to back off another 10 to 15 yards....

TNT

Oct 4, 2015
I'm not sure he will be able to adapt to our defense - he plays WAY TOO CLOSE to the opponents receivers. Needs to back off another 10 to 15 yards....

You must have been hatin after we beat the University of Texas 24-0 too, right?

YAWN

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
We think every recruit that signs a LOI is a steal. Is that why its been so long since ISU won more games than they lost? Please stop the over hyping. Lets wait & see.

Well in this case it isn't Cy Fan doing the hyping.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So, in the video, he says he wants to be successful on AND off the field. . .

I'm waiting for the video of a recruit that says "I want to be successful on the field. I could care less about academics." :spinny:

Ironically something that would be said by someone that couldn't care less about academics.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Ironically something that would be said by someone that couldn't care less about academics.

Yeah . . . irony . . . that's what I meant! . . . that's the ticket!!!

images