Iowa State defeats Iowa 3-2 completing a reverse sweep!

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Just got home from the match, as we took a co-worker Hawkeye along.
* We blew that first set, no way they should have lost that
* Out of it in the second set, never looked good at all.
* I was happy to win the third to prevent the sweep but had no hope to win the match.
* Squeeked out the fourth set and then I began to believe
* Jumped on them early in the fifth set and never gave Iowa any real hope as they were down 5-7 points most of the set.

It appeared that Iowa is not in good conditioning, as they became noticeably tired and slow in 3-4-5 sets. Especially late, they weren't getting up on the spikes or blocks like early in the match.
It was great to walk out of there with a victory!

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
First time in Iowa City for Volleyball.

Actually in Coralville.

I always believe people are inherently good, until I am in the midst of Iowa fans when they are winning.

Volleyball no different.

Very nice comeback win by the Cyclone Women. They imposed their will in Set #5.

Kicks off CyHawk with a W.

Pay more attention to this team.
Good things to come!

Go Cyclones!

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
First time in Iowa City for Volleyball.

Actually in Coralville.

I always believe people are inherently good, until I am in the midst of Iowa fans when they are winning.

Volleyball no different.

Very nice comeback win by the Cyclone Women. They imposed their will in Set #5.

Kicks off CyHawk with a W.

Pay more attention to this team.
Good things to come!

Go Cyclones!
The "I always believe" paragraph. YES!!

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Followed stats we were up 11-5 in first thought ok this should go to type. Caught stats in third thought whoa WTF. Watched 4 and 5th sets and thought where has this team been. I do agree the Howks looked totally gassed and devoid of confidence in 4 and 5. Once 4 was over and I thought we get a 2-3 pt lead early they will fold like a cheap suit and they did. Youngish team consistency is the key. Brandt continues to impress and I am so glad we got her and kept her. Duckworth solos on a 6'7" player worth the price of admission, stay for the heart attack. Whew

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
The Cyclones stormed back in Iowa City after falling in the first two sets.

The Cyclones dominated in the 5th and final set to secure a CyHawk win!
Damn. Here I was thinking it was a score prediction for Saturday. And scary thing is - its only as crazy as if someone said it was going to be 31-24.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Just got home from the match, as we took a co-worker Hawkeye along.
* We blew that first set, no way they should have lost that
* Out of it in the second set, never looked good at all.
* I was happy to win the third to prevent the sweep but had no hope to win the match.
* Squeeked out the fourth set and then I began to believe
* Jumped on them early in the fifth set and never gave Iowa any real hope as they were down 5-7 points most of the set.

It appeared that Iowa is not in good conditioning, as they became noticeably tired and slow in 3-4-5 sets. Especially late, they weren't getting up on the spikes or blocks like early in the match.
It was great to walk out of there with a victory!
This about sums up my thoughts as well. It became apparent in set four that Iowa was gassed.

Caitlyn Clark was sitting a section over from us, sitting with Patrick McCaffery. Time to start the brother drama? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: isufbcurt