Iowa State hoping to unveil new uniforms in 'next month or so'

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
So...to me uniform =/= logo...

There's no way we'll ever see the Bugle tornado again...right?

I State logo is here to stay, bugle will continue to be an alternate logo. I could see them for a game trying an old logo too.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the bugle logo on the helmets for a game again. Maybe they'll put it on a charcoal or white helmet to help with contrast a bit.

Just guessing, but I think they'll do a charcoal and silver look with red accents as an alternate uniform and there will not be a yellow jersey anymore. Standard home will be cardinal and standard away white (obviously).

I could also see them doing some uniforms that are ala Cleveland Cavilers since they are big Cavs fans (but black instead of blue)

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan93 and k123

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Just guessing, but I think they'll do a charcoal and silver look with red accents as an alternate uniform and there will not be a yellow jersey anymore. Standard home will be cardinal and standard away white (obviously).

I love the home all cardinal and road all whites but I'd be bummed if they got rid of the gold tops only because I really like the C/G/C combo. I think it looks sharp when WVU does it (w/ blue obvs) too.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I know there will be a storm Jersey. I just hope we don’t have a black alternate jersey (but I bet there will be). If I wanted to watch players in black jerseys I’d make the miserable trip to TOE.

I think the darker facemasks are a good indicator of what's to come:

I'm thinking a dark gray matte finish with the chrome logo is what we'll see. Perhaps occasionally with chrome red facemasks.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
So...to me uniform =/= logo...

There's no way we'll ever see the Bugle tornado again...right?

There was a Cyclone Equipment tweet a couple/few weeks back that showed the white helmet with the Bugle logo. Yuck.

Note the top row, second helmet in...

• Dislike
Reactions: Dormeezy

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
I hate the poorly executed twister logo as much as anyone, but does anyone else think it needs to be oversized if used on a helmet again (ie, somewhat warping and masking its actual shape)?

Last edited: