Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2023

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Pav and Gilbert are previously played PG for their past schools.. Considering Lipsey and Williams on the roster.. I bet only one is a take..

I prefer Pav to Gilbert as I think his shooting/scoring upside is much higher..

Darrion Williams would be a great piece at the wing.. 6'6", bigger than Jaren Holmes, can play 2-3, nice dribble, 36% from 3 (3 attempts/game), and a 80% FT shooter (good translation to 3 shooting).

Lipsey
Pav
D. Williams
Omaha
Tre

J. Williams
Milan
BRE/Ward
Watson

That would make me happy

Reactions: cyclonehomer

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
Pav and Gilbert are previously played PG for their past schools.. Considering Lipsey and Williams on the roster.. I bet only one is a take..

Darrion Williams would be a great piece at the wing.. 6'6", bigger than Jaren Holmes, can play 2-3, nice dribble, 36% from 3 (3 attempts/game), and a 80% FT shooter (good translation to 3 shooting).

Lipsey
Pav
D. Williams
Omaha
Tre

J. Williams
Milan
BRE/Ward
Watson

That would make me happy
If we get all 3 I'd be ecstatic. We'd be able to run big or small. Tons of ball handlers. And be set up for the next 3 years.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Darrion Williams from Nevada rumored to be coming this weekend as well, according to the other transfer thread. Posting here since this is ISU linked versus any random transfer..

View attachment 111779
Are you inputting the usage rate, or is this tool populating it based on last year’s stats? I’d be very concerned if Robert Jones has the highest usage rate on the team next year.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Are you inputting the usage rate, or is this tool populating it based on last year’s stats? I’d be very concerned if Robert Jones has the highest usage rate on the team next year.
It's what Torvik is projecting. I'm not aware of a way to toggle. Agree 100% that BRE should play ~15 MPG. He is what he is, I'm WAY more interested to see what Hasan Ward can doin a full offseason. Ward's per/100 possession rebounding and defensive stats are REALLY good. Just have to keep him out of foul trouble.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

Lipsey
Pav
D. Williams
Omaha
Tre

J. Williams
Milan
BRE/Ward
Watson

That would make me happy
I doubt the staff would prioritize bringing Williams Pav and Gilbert as their first visits and have one be a contingency. I’d be shocked if all 3 don’t have committable offers day 1. There should be minutes for all 3. Pav PG/SG Gilbert PG/SG/SF, Williams SF/PF. Williams is still an unknown having 5 players that can play the Point would be a nice problem to have especially after last year.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Darrion Williams from Nevada rumored to be coming this weekend as well, according to the other transfer thread. Posting here since this is ISU linked versus any random transfer..

View attachment 111779
Williams: another Freshman of the Year:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
King is going to play a lot at the “5”. There will probably be some instances where Omaha is there. Everyone should get ready for small ball.
Everyone keeps focusing on what TJ did this year, but there’s a big difference in defensive versatility when you may also have Williams, Watson and Billiew at the 2-4. It gives you a lot of room to go small and more focus on scoring at the five in that case.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I doubt the staff would prioritize bringing Williams Pav and Gilbert as their first visits and have one be a contingency. I’d be shocked if all 3 don’t have committable offers day 1. There should be minutes for all 3. Pav PG/SG Gilbert PG/SG/SF, Williams SF/PF. Williams is still an unknown having 5 players that can play the Point would be a nice problem to have especially after last year.
Guys transfer to play. I doubt all 3 would want to come to ISU, even if TJ goes small.

Lipsey, Williams plus 2 Tfrs makes sense to split 120 minutes. And that doesn't consider minutes for Watson, Hamilton or Biliew playing minutes at the 3.

It was interesting to see minutes for the mid-majors who did well in the tournament. They didn't have guys playing 35+mpg, in some cases their best guys were < 30mpg. Is that a trend similar to load management in the NBA. Keep guys fresh for March.

Reactions: clonehome

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011

View attachment 111779
This projection really has Tre King getting 12% of available minutes? Same for Watson at 9%. No projection for Ward?

Their roles are going to be much bigger than that

Giant grain of salt of course, but fun to look at! Rank going from 40 to 28 is a good sign and helps quantify the additions.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron