Iowa State Uniform Discussions

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I've got b/b/c game 3 vs. OU

But, how about this for "at Iowa" in 2 years, b/g/b (or even Home game next year)? And I'm only half kidding. I don't think we should do predominant black/gold against Iowa anytime, rather show our cardinal/gold. On the other hand, these don't look too bad, for a black/gold change of pace (for any game but Iowa).
View attachment 57958

The blacks would look better if they had aome colored trim on them.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I thought all black was for the “big game” I would think OU on ABC would fit that category

• Agree
Reactions: CYdways432

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
No gold lid, gold jersey, or gold pant REALLY limits our options. Don't like that at all.

Not sure if I'll like any of our home options this year or not? All black might be our best home option? Maybe black/red/red would be ok this week?

• Useful
Reactions: everyyard

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I thought all black was for the “big game” I would think OU on ABC would fit that category
I don't know if we will even see an 'all black' this year, or just partial modular black. I guess we will find out in the next few weeks.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'd like to see C/C/W...Davis-esque, IMO.

Colored numbers over white jerseys always looks rather top-heavy.

isu_helmets_500.jpg

The top is too dark relatively to the white bottoms.

I would like white pants at home more as an option if we had white numbers.

We miss gold pants and helmets something furious with this set.

G-C-G and C-W-C would slay in this template as our primary options.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm guessing those blacks will be worn when K-State visits. Nice contrast. Big game, probably. End the decade of dominance and maybe even bowl eligibility at stake for both squads.

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
This was my uniform combo set I posted in the thread a while back. However, it has customized versions w/ the (non-existent) gold, so obviously I won't get those correct. But I am 2-for-2 so far!

View attachment 57851

Edit: Also we'd probably see at least one more all-white on the road, I have it only once in my sample. I'd probably use it vs. KU instead of my C-W-W (to stay away from red, one of Kansas colors)

Your 1st game doesn't count... jimlad
Maybe it will be made up for game 12

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't know if we will even see an 'all black' this year, or just partial modular black. I guess we will find out in the next few weeks.

We better see the all-blacks this year. Why bother having them. DM is wearing them in the pics during the unveiling. We are going to see them.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
They have to be hiding Gold options. Idk how you can go through this remodel and not have both the main colors as an option.

• Optimistic
Reactions: KKramer

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Probably reveal OU combo today around noon. That's been the trend so far.

I'm going with the all blacks as my guess. With OU having maroon as their color the all black will contrast the most. Plus the game is on ABC so should get some viewers.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins