Iowa State Uniform Discussions

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Those white pants were horrible with the red tops. I like the new Uni's but that is a terrible look.

Agreed.

Someone please name one successful FB program that has a look anywhere similar to this. i.e...where there is zero coordination as they just pull on some white paints.

They looked like crap and given that sports are partially a mental game, I do think the players lost a step feeling like they'd had sharper uni's combo when they played Jr High FB.

Last edited:

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
We're hardly ever going to wear black, so don't put it on your cardinal jersey just in case we decide to wear black once a year with the cardinal, because it ruins all your other options.

The white pants look like practice pants or something REALLY cheap with nothing on them. Ugly.

And we need yellow as an option for helmets, jerseys, and pants.... period. Mizzou wore all yellow yesterday and it looked cool IMO. Last night Arizona St wore yellow helmets with white jersey and pants, and that looked cool too IMO.

09222018_foot_232406-1020x730.jpg

Was just coming to post that Arizona State's gold has looked fantastic the last couple of weeks. I've never been a big fan of C/C/G, but there are ways to incorporate the gold, and that should've been a higher priority than black. I agree with those saying that these unis look worse the more I look at them.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Hate the jerseys and Jersey fad in general. Look like some arena league team. No identity whatsoever. Pick a home and away Jersey and throw in a current cool alternative for one game a year. Use the primary colors with some liberty on the alternative uniform. Plain white pants look terrible. Not a very important topic, but I guess there is a million page thread on it.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Anyone watch the chiefs today? Their C/C/W was the same kit as ours and they look pretty sharp because they have one thing we don’t- white accents on helmet and jersey. We those and we’ll be cruising.
The Chiefs jerseys work so well because the strip on the sleeve matches the pants (and socks). It is the definition of uniform.

What we did vs Akron was the opposite. Nothing really worked together. The jersey needs some sort of accent that the pants can follow so everything flows.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
C-C-W was a pretty bad combo. Hoping they move away from it.

100% this. There's no white accent in the jersey's so the white pants looked stupid with it. Uniform combinations simply shouldn't be this hard.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I like the new uniforms in general, especially the jerseys with the absence of the shoulder stripes. However, Saturday's combination was flat out UGLY. I recall a similar look for about 1 game during the McCarney era. I think the killer on this combination was gold jersey numbers with white pants (white numbers would likely be OK). But, I agree with most that the plain white pants are not good. I like the all red look for home games.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I am so glad we don't have the mustard yellow option anymore.

That "mustard yellow" happens to be one of our school colors.

Apparently the goal in the new design was to use gold mainly as an accent, not "equal" to the cardinal. OK, fine. But white pants "fit" in only two combinations in the new design.
1. All white
2. White-cardinal-white.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic